X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well loookeee here

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Both sides seem deeply entrenched, so that is not good for a fast resolution.
      The key word is seem. It is advantageous to appear firmly set, so both sides will encourage that perception. Whether that is true is a different matter.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Trevor May recently claimed that MLB has a set number of games to miss that will maximize their leverage, just like the 2020 season negotiations. Owners knew it was 60 games the whole time but negotiated in bad faith to extract advantageous conditions. Exact same thing here.

Who knows what the optimal number of missed games is in the minds of the owners, but I guarantee they have a number.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Trevor May recently claimed that MLB has a set number of games to miss that will maximize their leverage, just like the 2020 season negotiations. Owners knew it was 60 games the whole time but negotiated in bad faith to extract advantageous conditions. Exact same thing here.

Who knows what the optimal number of missed games is in the minds of the owners, but I guarantee they have a number.
          I agree, and I think that number has been identified at about 20, which is when they will need to rebate the networks.

2020 was different, it was uncharted territory and Manfred had the power to unilaterally implement a season of his choosing.

Comment

• I believe MLB has to begin refunding the RSN's once a 25th game is missed

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              I believe MLB has to begin refunding the RSN's once a 25th game is missed
              According to Ken Rosenthal, it varies by team. Some are as low as 12 games, others as high as 20.

Comment

• 97 days (and counting) since MLB locked the players out for no reason.

Wondering how the lawsuit challenging MLB's antitrust exemption is going. The notion that baseball is not interstate commerce is crazy.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  97 days (and counting) since MLB locked the players out for no reason.

Wondering how the lawsuit challenging MLB's antitrust exemption is going. The notion that baseball is not interstate commerce is crazy.

They had a reason.

Pre-emptive move against a strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    They had a reason.

Pre-emptive move against a strike.
                    Russia had a reason for invading Ukraine
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• They’re still meeting, and MLB has increased the 1st threshold to $230m.

Comment

• Seems the final holdup is an International Draft.

Bob Nightengale:
                        @BNightengale
                        If an agreement is reached today, the tentative plan is for Opening Day to be April 6-7, with the regular season extended by three days. The other missed games from the week-long delay would be made up in doubleheaders during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Seems the final holdup is an International Draft.

Bob Nightengale:
                          @BNightengale
                          If an agreement is reached today, the tentative plan is for Opening Day to be April 6-7, with the regular season extended by three days. The other missed games from the week-long delay would be made up in doubleheaders during the season.
                          omg can we not cancel Nightengale? Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a hundred times...

Comment

• It seems like the draft issue is not to do it or not, but just when. If players agree to it, but push it 2-3 years, I really don't see why it would hold up things further. There should be a deal announced today. I hope so. These glimmers of hope that are then dashed are not fun.

Comment

• Im gonna try and be as pessimistic as possible here for the #reversejinx

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Im gonna try and be as pessimistic as possible here for the #reversejinx
                                No chance it gets done any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X