No announcement yet.

CBA '21-'22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas O/U line on # of games played this season: 120.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Mostly it's just sapped any motivation to do any Fantasy Baseball research. I just can't get interested.
      This. I'm simply not paying any attention to anything ball related at this point.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Less tho in April. Lower profit margins in coffee than beer.
        Right. Here is Jason Heyward:

"the look on his face is a sigh of relief… He thought the players were about to accept the deal and we were going to start the season.. Which all along he didn’t want to start on time…

Numbers, rule changes, CBT’s, Super 2’s, League Minimus, Extended Playoffs,Pitch Clocks,Shifts,International drafts etc……

All of these things and more put to the side.. From the last day of the former CBA to the “good faith..” extended deadline of March 1, 2022 at 5pm, they(Manfred and whoever signed up to follow..) have been operating with the intent to delay the season. Period. Similar to the 2020 pandemic season, they drag things out because they have their ideal amount of games they hope we play during the season.

They know the proposals they made were geared towards benefiting them significantly enough that if the players ever elected to accept the terms it would be a big win for them and a huge loss for the current and future players of this game. Each time both sides “went to the table..” they chose to acknowledge bits and pieces of what needed to be discussed to delay and drag out the whole process..

They continued to make offers they know were in the players best interest to refuse.. Hoping both sides could continue to “disagree..” and that they would get their end GOAL… their GOAL of delaying the 2022 MLB season….

Bottom line.. they know the amount of games we need to play in order for them to profit.. they view the first month of the season as debt… season delayed = they meet their goals..

As players, all of us make different amounts of money each year.. regardless of the contract we went into these negotiations in hopes of actually discussing the game we “thought” they cared about.. the outcome to this date has been one side in the players(MLBPA) negotiating with ourselves because the other side wants division and they truly don’t care to play the scheduled 162.. that’s the route they chose."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Vegas O/U line on # of games played this season: 120.5.
          I take the over. You mentioned they tv money take a hit after 20 games, so my O/U is 142.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I take the over. You mentioned they tv money take a hit after 20 games, so my O/U is 142.
            Ken Rosenthal said yesterday the number is believed to be 25 games, not 20. So I take the under.

I think the MLBPA waits until the owners start to sweat, and that means serious negotiations not re-starting until mid-to-late April.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal said yesterday the number is believed to be 25 games, not 20. So I take the under.

I think the MLBPA waits until the owners start to sweat, and that means serious negotiations not re-starting until mid-to-late April.
              162 - 25 > 120.5 though, so why does it matter if its 20 or 25 for taking the under?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                162 - 25 > 120.5 though, so why does it matter if its 20 or 25 for taking the under?
                It doesn't. As I said, the MLBPA now needs to turn the tables and be the pain inflictors. So if the owners can safely lose 25 games, then the players need to wait until Games 26-162 are in jeopardy to gain any leverage. It's the only thing that makes any sense now.

If I were Tony Clark, I'd go off the grid until late April.

Comment

• The other pathway is getting enough back for 14 team playoffs.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                    The other pathway is getting enough back for 14 team playoffs.
                    Which unfortunately now includes needing to be paid for games missed and keeping the service time, or having those games rescheduled, in addition to everything else they wanted. Not sure that's enough of a trade off to the owners.

Comment

Which unfortunately now includes needing to be paid for games missed and keeping the service time, or having those games rescheduled, in addition to everything else they wanted. Not sure that's enough of a trade off to the owners.
                      If the MLBPA can get the CBT where they want it, they can come to a compromise over missed games pretty easily, especially if it's done quickly.

I think the bigger issue is the union doesn't want 14 teams.

This is now a game of chicken. There is a date, some suggest May 1, at which the owners start losing money. If the players stay galvanized until then, the leverage flips in their direction.
                      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        If the MLBPA can get the CBT where they want it, they can come to a compromise over missed games pretty easily, especially if it's done quickly.

I think the bigger issue is the union doesn't want 14 teams.

This is now a game of chicken. There is a date, some suggest May 1, at which the owners start losing money. If the players stay galvanized until then, the leverage flips in their direction.
                        Right, that's what I've been saying. So if serious negotiations don't take place now until late April, which is what the MLBPA should do, then we're looking at a June 1st Opening Day and a total destruction of the game.

Comment

• To bad the "fans" don't unite and boycott all games, all tv games and all sponsors for the exact amount of games that we miss.

You owners and players cause us to miss the first 20 games of the season, we will boycott the next 20. Go 50 we go 50. It is up to you.

Can you imagine an opening day 20 games into the season and no one showed up?

Maybe the next contract your "deadlines" are in December and not so near opening day.

Comment

• This is NOT a #bothsides issue, as easy as it is to claim that.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Can you imagine an opening day 20 games into the season and no one showed up?
                              How soon you forget...

Comment

• Per Evan Drellich, four owners were against the last proposal to the MLBPA, the very one the MLBPA rejected for not even being close. Those four were the ANGELS(!), D'Backs, Reds & Tigers. MLB also wanted to include player's meal money in luxury tax calculations.

If you're Mike Trout, who has been outspoken during this disastrous process, do you demand a trade? How can you criticize the league yet work for an owner who thinks he already gave too much?

Comment

Working...
                                X