• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals sign OF Corey Dickerson
    Cubs sign 2B/SS/3B Jonathon Villar
    Angels sign RP Archie Bradley
    Giants sign SP Matthew Boyd
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Greinke to Royals on a one year deal for $13M
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• How much longer until we start downgrading free agents due to lack of spring training?

Comment

• Luke Voit traded to San Diego
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            How much longer until we start downgrading free agents due to lack of spring training?
            Good question. Opening Day is three weeks away. Most hitters and relief pitchers feel ready in about three weeks, but starting pitchers tend to need 4-6 weeks to build up arm strength and get used to facing MLB quality hitters.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Kenley Jansen to the Braves, 1yr, $16m

Comment

• From RW: Craig Mish of Sportsgrid reports that Jorge Soler's three-year, $36 million pact with the Marlins contains opt-outs after each season.

Comment

• For anyone yet to draft, how much are you discounting Conforto at this point? Will he sign before the season starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    For anyone yet to draft, how much are you discounting Conforto at this point? Will he sign before the season starts?
                    Gotta figure he would still be going in a similar range, team or not, coming off such a bad year. NFBC draft champions he is going around the likes of Soler, Happ, Duvall, pollock, Blackmon...i'd probably rather have all of them vs. Conforto no matter where he signs. So I guess Im discounting him more even before we consider his FA status

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Gotta figure he would still be going in a similar range, team or not, coming off such a bad year. NFBC draft champions he is going around the likes of Soler, Happ, Duvall, pollock, Blackmon...i'd probably rather have all of them vs. Conforto no matter where he signs. So I guess Im discounting him more even before we consider his FA status
                      Interesting. I'd put Soler and Happ ahead of him, but I like him more than the rest. But I guess it depends on where and when he signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        For anyone yet to draft, how much are you discounting Conforto at this point? Will he sign before the season starts?
                        Totally bizarre he hasn't signed yet. He really screwed the pooch declining the Mets 9-figure deal last year. Now he's likely going to settle for a one or two year prove it type deal. With the Amateur Draft moved to the AS Break, it would be suicidal to wait out the draft pick compensation, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Totally bizarre he hasn't signed yet. He really screwed the pooch declining the Mets 9-figure deal last year. Now he's likely going to settle for a one or two year prove it type deal. With the Amateur Draft moved to the AS Break, it would be suicidal to wait out the draft pick compensation, but stranger things have happened.
                          With the QO is anyone really going to give up a pick for 1-2 years of Conforto?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            With the QO is anyone really going to give up a pick for 1-2 years of Conforto?
                            No. He has to sign a longer-term deal to make it worth it for the signing team, at least 3 years.

Comment

• Justin Upton DFA'd

Looks like Adell gets his shot.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Justin Upton DFA'd

Looks like Adell gets his shot.
                                The Angels just ate 28 mil letting Upton go. Marsh also benefits from this.

Comment

Working...
                                X