FAAB Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAAB Thoughts?

AL 5x5 10 teams. We have a deep bench of 17 reserves and farm.

Griffin Jax last 4 outings he pitched well. Twice against the White Sox and Astros.

Reynaldo Lopez has pitched well so far. Only thrown 3 IP in last start.

Renato Nunez started last 3 games, starting today. Hit 2 HRs since being called up. Should continue to get playing time in the short term because of injuries.

Yohel Pozo I have seem him play at Rangers AAA team. He has a pretty good chance to take over the catching spot.

I can pick up one of the pitchers, swap out Pozo for Raleigh who is $13, and whether you believe in Nunez.

I thought Woodward said Pozo was up to hit not to catch. I don’t think they plan on him taking over the catching this year

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I thought Woodward said Pozo was up to hit not to catch. I don’t think they plan on him taking over the catching this year
      You are correct. I read Rotoworld that he could play himself into regular AB. I thought it meant catcher and DH. Rotowire said it was to DH. But if he hits I assume he could catch games. So far he has only DH.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        You are correct. I read Rotoworld that he could play himself into regular AB. I thought it meant catcher and DH. Rotowire said it was to DH. But if he hits I assume he could catch games. So far he has only DH.
        The defense is rough, I think he’s only an emergency catcher

Comment

I found an article couple of days ago and Woodward said he was brought up to hit and would rarely if ever catch. I remember him hitting not noticing his work behind the plate.

Comment

Given the Tigers have said they're not bringing up Torkelson even for a cup of coffee in September, I'd be inclined to spend on Nunez. Low average, maybe some power/RBI potential at least. Jax, if you need pitching, could be a good short-term fill; I think he has two starts this week.

Pozo is a longer-term, keeper-type play.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I got all 3 for $3 each. Jax gives me depth and another starter. I can easily replace him if he go south. Nunez replaces Ibanez but more importantly I have Moore at 2B $17 and could replace Ibanez $3 to give me more cap space if when Bieber and Urquidy returns in Sept. Pozo was another catcher who hopefully will hit. So far my catchers have played musical chairs starting with Jansen and Suzuki replaced with Mcguire and Maldonado and they were replace with Torrens and Raleigh then added Zavala then this week dropped Raleigh for Pozo.I would have liked to keep Raleigh but I faab for $13 and needed the cap space. Don't know if Pozo is going to be a keeper as likely he may only qualify as DH.

Comment

Working...
              X