If you build it they will come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you build it they will come

What a great night for baseball and movie fans.

They built it and people came. I have to believe the television ratings were excellent.

They created a beautiful set, costumes and uniforms were excellent. Back stories and corn fields set us up for an exciting game. For a few hours it gave us the feeling and experience of what Terrance Mann's speech was all about.

Well done MLB and Fox well done.

Agree. That was a great experience.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Last edited by madducks; 08-13-2021, 11:40 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game. I entered the lottery for tickets but didn't get them. It was great to hear from a couple players that it was arguably the best field they have played on this year. Well done by everyone as Gregg said.

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I didn't see it live but searched out the highlights first thing this morning. Can't imagine how cool it would have been to be there.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The entire game was a tremendous advertisement for the game of baseball. The dramatic end just put a big exclamation point on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  The entire game was a tremendous advertisement for the game of baseball. The dramatic end just put a big exclamation point on it.
                  And yet being the first MLB game in Iowa ever, we are still blacked out on close to 1/4 of all teams on the MLB package. No not bitter at all

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    And yet being the first MLB game in Iowa ever, we are still blacked out on close to 1/4 of all teams on the MLB package. No not bitter at all
                    Was this game was blacked out too then?

Comment

no, but blacked out for Cubs/White Sox/Brewers/Twins/Royals/Cardinals and still seems like I'm missing one.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        no, but blacked out for cubs/white sox/brewers/twins/royals/cardinals and still seems like i'm missing one.
                        v p n
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Most watched regular season game since 2005.

Comment

Next years teams for Field of Dreams Cubs vs Reds.

I will try to get tickets but not go crazy on the secondary market.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Next years teams for Field of Dreams Cubs vs Reds.

I will try to get tickets but not go crazy on the secondary market.
                              Bring your RJ Bullpen sign if you're there.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X