Keibert Ruiz free at last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keibert Ruiz free at last?

He was blocked in LA, but should now have a path to playing soon with the Nationals. What are your thoughts on Ruiz? He's hitting well at AAA - .311/.381/1,012, with 16 dingers and 45 RBIs.

This looks like the absolute perfect time to sell high to me for all those reasons. Catching prospects are not my cup o tea

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      This looks like the absolute perfect time to sell high to me for all those reasons. Catching prospects are not my cup o tea
      I agree with your take on catching prospects and they aren't my cup of tea either, but having a good one is definitely a leg up on your league. because they usually hurt your roto numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
        I agree with your take on catching prospects and they aren't my cup of tea either, but having a good one is definitely a leg up on your league. because they usually hurt your roto numbers.
        If you could turn a "good one" who has never had a major league at-bat into a real asset now (because of the change in scenery), I would jump at it in a heartbeat. I mean look at Joey Bart. How long do you have to wait for him to come up and hit .225?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          If you could turn a "good one" who has never had a major league at-bat into a real asset now (because of the change in scenery), I would jump at it in a heartbeat. I mean look at Joey Bart. How long do you have to wait for him to come up and hit .225?
          I agree, thus the reason why it's a bad idea to roster catching prospects, but this is a dynasty league and if you have the roster flexibility, why not to see what you have?

ETA: Perhaps he can hit better than Bellinger

Comment

If I swap out my $21 catcher stats for an average endgame catcher it would cost me 6 points in the standings (NL only 5x5).

If I can get a stud catching prospect for 2-5 dollars in the reserve draft I am all over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              If I swap out my $21 catcher stats for an average endgame catcher it would cost me 6 points in the standings (NL only 5x5).

If I can get a stud catching prospect for 2-5 dollars in the reserve draft I am all over that.
              Sure - swap out $21 Willson Contreras for endgame Yan Gomes. How did it go

Comment

Working...
              X