No announcement yet.

2k21 Trade deadline / Rumor mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per sources, the Rockies have no plans to trade Jon Gray.

What a shit show.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Per sources, the Rockies have no plans to trade Jon Gray.

What a shit show.
      How do the Rockies look at the competitive landscape within their division the next 3 years and decide to keep a toe in the water vs punting and getting a headstart on the next cycle? Meanwhile, they'll screw with Gray and keep him captive in Denver another season because the QO they'll throw at him is going to scare most folks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        How do the Rockies look at the competitive landscape within their division the next 3 years and decide to keep a toe in the water vs punting and getting a headstart on the next cycle? Meanwhile, they'll screw with Gray and keep him captive in Denver another season because the QO they'll throw at him is going to scare most folks off.
        It may be in Gray's best interest to accept the qualifying offer. The Rockies are probably betting that Gray turns it down and then has to crawl back to them for less money when nobody wants to give up a draft pick to sign him. If Gray takes the QO, the Rockies may have no choice but to trade him during the off-season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gray could even take it a step further and tell the Rockies up front that he will accept the qualifying offer if they make it. That may discourage them from making it because i don't think they really want to pay it.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            The Dodgers luxury tax penalty will be more than the orioles are paying every player on the roster. Baseball has always been a game of haves and have-nots, but this is out of control.
            I think this also applies to Pittsburgh and Cleveland... at least counting just the 40-man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Idiot Rockies just watched Minnesota get two top prospects for Berrios. When people say Baltimore and Miami and others are terribly run franchises, apparently the Rockies say hold my Coors Light.

Comment

Idiot Rockies just watched Minnesota get two top prospects for Berrios. When people say Baltimore and Miami and others are terribly run franchises, apparently the Rockies say hold my Coors Light.
                I see what you did there

Comment

Yeah, not doubt they could have gotten that return for Marquez. But he still has time. Not trading Gray or Story would be far more perplexing.

Comment

Marlins fan Twitter (a small contingent of people I realize), are all screaming for them to trade a couple of expendable starters for Buxton. There may be something to it.

Comment

Marlins fan Twitter (a small contingent of people I realize), are all screaming for them to trade a couple of expendable starters for Buxton. There may be something to it.
                      Just read this: Buxton has hit ".282/.322/.581 with 33 homers, 44 doubles and four triples in his past 540 plate appearances"

Holy crap, I had no idea he was operating at that level of performance! Also have no idea what his contract status or years of control are, but damn that sounds like a good trade target!
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Just read this: Buxton has hit ".282/.322/.581 with 33 homers, 44 doubles and four triples in his past 540 plate appearances"

Holy crap, I had no idea he was operating at that level of performance! Also have no idea what his contract status or years of control are, but damn that sounds like a good trade target!
                        He has only been over 298 abs once in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post

If you can get him to 540 plate appearances in less than two years, probably.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Just heard on radio that Javy Baez is going to the Mets. Rumor or fact?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Just heard on radio that Javy Baez is going to the Mets. Rumor or fact?
                              Not heard it confirmed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Not heard it confirmed yet.
                                I got the alert from mlb.com that it's done pending medicals. No idea on the return.

Comment

Working...
                                X