2K11: Official Venting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Official Venting Thread

Between Colby Lewis' second meltdown in a row and Jed Lowrie's 0-5 when his team puts up 16 runs on 18 hits, I'm about to explode with rage. :explode:

Time to Whine.

My first place team just tanked 7 points with an .031 BA a 15.63 era. and a 2.56 whip.

Woo hoo.

Comment

yeah..part of the "enjoyment" of fantasy baseball is venting on the crap performances your squad delivers...
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Will everyone who's never had a day like that please raise their hands?

Liars.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

How can my pitchers suck on a given day without my hitters getting a piece of the action? And why do my hitters seem to hit all their HRs off my pitchers?

These are among the true mysteries of the universe.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Let's rename this the "Official Venting Thread", mmmm'kay?

Comment

Let's move this to the new Official Venting Thread.

Comment

James Loney in weeks that he has been active for me: 198 AB, 9 R, 1 HR, 15 RBI, 1 SB, .282 OBP
                James Loney in weeks that he has been reserved for me: 39 AB, 8 R, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 1 SB, .372 OBP

sigh.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I reserved Uggla last week for the only hits he's had all year!

I did trade him on Sunday, so for all of you out there who have held onto him, he's destined to hit .280 60 20 60 for the rest of the year.
                  -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                    I reserved Uggla last week for the only hits he's had all year!

I did trade him on Sunday, so for all of you out there who have held onto him, he's destined to hit .280 60 20 60 for the rest of the year.
                    What did you get?

Comment

Come on Longoria..you suck my man...
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

What the mother@#$ Cliff Lee?!?! 3 homers in an inning? 7 runs given up? All-star my ass!

Comment

ESPN radio promo: "blah, blah, blah, will there be a surprise winner in tonight's Home Run Derby?" WHAT?!?!? I would be surprised if Howie Kendrick or Starlin Castro won the thing, but they're not entered. I could there be a surprise winner amongst the eight (David Ortiz, Adrian Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Robinson Cano, Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, Matt Holliday, and Matt Kemp)? Rickie Weeks is listed as a 15 to 1 longshot to win it (thesportsbank.net), but nonetheless, he could do it in what is essentially a BP session.
                          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                            ESPN radio promo: "blah, blah, blah, will there be a surprise winner in tonight's Home Run Derby?" WHAT?!?!? I would be surprised if Howie Kendrick or Starlin Castro won the thing, but they're not entered. I could there be a surprise winner amongst the eight (David Ortiz, Adrian Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Robinson Cano, Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, Matt Holliday, and Matt Kemp)? Rickie Weeks is listed as a 15 to 1 longshot to win it (thesportsbank.net), but nonetheless, he could do it in what is essentially a BP session.
                            Is there any POS made-for-TV event that network won't promote beyond all human endurance? Monday morning, on my drive to work, ESPN radio mentioned it 6 in less than three miles. Once in a while the old Jerry Brown mantra is true--"Less is more".

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              Is there any POS made-for-TV event that network won't promote beyond all human endurance? Monday morning, on my drive to work, ESPN radio mentioned it 6 in less than three miles. Once in a while the old Jerry Brown mantra is true--"Less is more".
                              It is mind-numbing. I read in the newspaper today that it lasted three hours. Really? I couldn't imagine watching it that long - if I did I could only watch it muted, for I can hear Berman in my mind now saying "Back. Back. Back. Gone!" ad nauseam. I got a chuckle out of this line from the AP story: "With commercial breaks and other interruptions, the derby has become a three-hour affair that's so slow a regular-season games seems like an Olympic downhill ski race."
                              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                              X