No announcement yet.

Home Run Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys see Stephen A. Smith's comments on Ohtani? What a total scumbag. I don't listen much to him because he's so unbelievably annoying but this stuff was way, way beyond the pale, imo.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      You guys see Stephen A. Smith's comments on
      nah, why would I listen to an idiot like him on any topic?

Comment

You guys see Stephen A. Smith's comments on Ohtani? What a total scumbag. I don't listen much to him because he's so unbelievably annoying but this stuff was way, way beyond the pale, imo.
        I have not. I have always despised Smith. he is an ill-informed, bombastic blowhard. How someone who knows so little about so many sports is allowed to, nay, paid millions to talk about him, is a great travesty of tv. When you look up the Peter principle, you see a picture of Smith. Him and Skip Bayliss are the sports equivalent of the worst kind of political pundits. Loud idiots who get paid to enrage half their audiences.

In other news, Ohtani is an absolute boss. We will be talking about him to our grandkids.

Comment

He clarified(?) his comments in a follow-up video (click the link and scroll down). He still sounds like a moron, but I guess I'm glad it isn't blatant racism.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/7939597002/

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            He clarified(?) his comments in a follow-up video (click the link and scroll down). He still sounds like a moron, but I guess I'm glad it isn't blatant racism.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/7939597002/
            Still pretty fuckin tone deaf.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Still pretty fuckin tone deaf.
              Sounded more to me like "sorry I showed my arse and got caught doing it, I wish I didn't get caught" rather than "sorry I said something offensive and I can see how hurtful that is, especially in the current environment, it won't happen again"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Sounded more to me like "sorry I showed my arse and got caught doing it, I wish I didn't get caught" rather than "sorry I said something offensive and I can see how hurtful that is, especially in the current environment, it won't happen again"
                Agreed--damn twice in one day.....
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Amen. I’m still trying to figure out if this clown is borderline racist, or just a pure racist.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm calling for a comprehensive and partisan audit of this home run derby because it was obviously rigged to prevent Ohtani from winning. Now, i just have to figure out who to call.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      I'm calling for a comprehensive and partisan audit of this home run derby because it was obviously rigged to prevent Ohtani from winning. Now, i just have to figure out who to call.
                      Ghostbusters?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I told you that Ohtani is tired. He looked completely wiped out. If I had the option to place a bet, I would bet on the NL and the over. Ohtani has difficulty throwing strikes when he is tired and I can see him giving up 3-4 runs in the first inning.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Ghostbusters?
                          Rudy Guiliani losing his lawyer license has really limited my options.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I’ll go with Alonso for the repeat.
                            Alonso repeats!
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Mancini is the clear underdog so he will probably appear in the final.
                              I’ll go with Alonso for the repeat.
                              One point for Bene and half a point for me!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

One point for Bene and half a point for me!
                                I was definitely rooting for Mancini.

Comment

Working...
                                X