Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Ethier, Gallardo, Garrett Jones, and Hudson for

Torres, McDonald, Wood, Uribe, Delgado and Puello?

I think all I can say to him is good luck with the rest of the season.

Maybe make a smaller deal where I offer McDonald for Gallardo.
    You are talking about James McDonald $10 right? I own him at $9 (although my league is 10 team 4x4 10 pitchers $290, so I assume having an actual starter has value), but I cannot think he has a huge keeper value. In general, I do not think any of those guys you are moving are huge loses. I like Torres, but he could easily just be a 10 HR/10 SB guy next year, Uribe could get traded, Wood still has Alvarez to deal with and the propects are nice, but I think Delgado is 10 on the SP depth chart right now.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      You are talking about James McDonald $10 right? I own him at $9 (although my league is 10 team 4x4 10 pitchers $290, so I assume having an actual starter has value), but I cannot think he has a huge keeper value. In general, I do not think any of those guys you are moving are huge loses. I like Torres, but he could easily just be a 10 HR/10 SB guy next year, Uribe could get traded, Wood still has Alvarez to deal with and the propects are nice, but I think Delgado is 10 on the SP depth chart right now.
      Yes, James McDonald. I guess I like him more than others. I know he's not great but I think he has value, this is a 13 team NL only league and we carry 10 pitchers so pitching is scarce.

One of the reasons in making this deal was to get more steals and I don't think this accomplishes this. I have zero interest in Jones, he'll just kill my average without offering much of anything. There are other hitters out there to get for Puello who are better than Jones. Maybe I can remove the Jones / Puello part of the deal, but I'm still not improving my speed but getting Ethier would be nice, should help my average.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Yes, James McDonald. I guess I like him more than others. I know he's not great but I think he has value, this is a 13 team NL only league and we carry 10 pitchers so pitching is scarce.

One of the reasons in making this deal was to get more steals and I don't think this accomplishes this. I have zero interest in Jones, he'll just kill my average without offering much of anything. There are other hitters out there to get for Puello who are better than Jones. Maybe I can remove the Jones / Puello part of the deal, but I'm still not improving my speed but getting Ethier would be nice, should help my average.
        I agree making it smaller may be the best way to go especially given your needs. Just pointing out that the guys you are giving up may be decent guys to move as they have some question marks.

Comment

I agree making it smaller may be the best way to go especially given your needs. Just pointing out that the guys you are giving up may be decent guys to move as they have some question marks.
          I agree, I don't really have a problem trading them, I just need to make sure I address my needs, I don't have that much left in terms of keeper value for dumpers so I need to maximizes as much as possible. Delgado and Puello are my best chips left, sadly.

I'm mostly bummed that he dangled Roberts in my face only to switch to Garret Jones.

Thanks for your input.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I still haven't completed this trade, the owner has been busy and dragging his feet. The current deal has expanded a bit:

Brandon Wood $1F (or Juan Uribe X), Andres Torres $1B, James McDonald $10A, Evan Meek $1B, Randall Delgado and a 3rd round pick (hopefully the last pick of the draft )

for

Orlando Hudson, Andre Ethier, Yovanni Gallardo and Ryan Dempster.

The question isn't whether this is a good deal but whether or not you'd rather have Orlando Hudson or Zack Cozart? I was hoping to add steals in this deal but if I'm trading Torres and that isn't really gonna happen. If I get Hudson I should stay even in steals but will Cozart put up better overall numbers with some steals?

Thoughts?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

What is the contract status of each? Assuming they are similar I may still take Hudson since he has been a SB guy this year (assuming he is healthy).

Comment

What is the contract status of each? Assuming they are similar I may still take Hudson since he has been a SB guy this year (assuming he is healthy).
                Hudson is $7A and Cozart is $15F. The owner considers Hudson a keeper but is willing to trade but and that could be what is holding him up. I was thinking that if it's close and gets the deal done I could offer to swap Cozart in for Hudson. But I could really use the steals, especially if I'm trading Torres.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Done deal

Ethier $32C11
                  Dempster $11C11
                  Gallardo $30A
                  Hudson $7A
                  for

Torres $1B
                  Saunders $1F / Meek $1B
                  McDonald $10A
                  Wood $1F
                  Delgado $5M
                  2012 Third Round Pick

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think you made out like a bandit here. You got a stud pitcher, a very good hitter, a pretty good hitter, and a pretty good pitcher for a bunch of spare parts.

I have JMac for $1 in my 12-team NL-only and thought about dropping him at one point. He's pitching better of late, but he's still wildly inconsistent and a very borderline keeper at $10. Torres will probably turn a profit at $1, but he's a very mediocre player and could end up losing his starting gig as early as next year. Wood is the definition of a lottery pick while Delgado is hardly a top prospect.

Comment

Thanks. I think Dempster put too much pressure on himself today, I'll need to talk to him and have him relax a little more. I like Delgado and think he'll be good but of course he's a pitching prospect so who knows. Oddly enough, he's the only Atlanta pitcher I've ever owned and now I don't have him anymore.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Our deadline was last night and I added a few studs.

Here is what my roster looks like now

C - Hanigan $1B
                        C - Doumit $4A (just activated him today was TCruz yuck))
                        1B - Freese $8C11
                        CI - Polanco $12A
                        3B - ARamirez $25A
                        2B - KJohnson $27A
                        MI - Hanley $55A (was OHudson $7A)
                        SS - Tulowitzki $51A
                        OF - Braun $20C11
                        OF - Pence $15C11
                        OF - Ethier $32C11
                        OF - Holiday $41A (was Soriano $17A)
                        OF - FLewis $4A
                        UT - CPatterson $21F

P - Lincecum $20C11
                        P - Kershaw $15C11
                        P - Gallardo $30A
                        P - Hamels $28B (was DHudson $18A)
                        P - Dempster $8C11
                        P - WRodriguez $15C11
                        P - Rzepczynski $13F
                        P - Marshall $3A
                        P - Bell $31A
                        P - Putz $22A (was Hanrahan $2B)

The trades I made were

Soriano and Hanrahan for Holiday and Putz

Hudson, Hudson, #1 ML Pick, Puello $5M for Hanley and Hamels

Now I just need to pray Hanley is ok and that I can hang on to first place.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                        X