Dumping a bad contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumping a bad contract?

In our 12-team 5x5 NL league, I have Victor Robles at $18 for two seasons after this one. It’s a contract so he is must-keep (and we only keep 7). I can buy him out for $15 before next season.

Another owner said “I will take him off your hands if you also send me Bryan Reynolds” (Reynolds is final year). Fwiw the other owners won’t touch Robles at this point.

I am inclined to do the deal, even though it may be “selling low.” I don’t see any sign of improvement toward the 15/30 guy he was a couple years back. And the salary or buyout is painful. Then again I have 4 awesome keepers and not much after that. But I think I can probably land one or two more easily enough.

Reactions?

I think I'd dump him and save yourself the hassle (and $15). You have one trading partner and if you pass you may not have any.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

What do you get back? I wouldn’t expect anything great, but I’d want more than a box of Cracker Jacks for both of them, too
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Getting rid of the salary is enough for me...most things that I've read and heard seem to be down on Robles. I can't tell you the exact reasoning, but the consensus seems to be he's going in the wrong direction.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
        X