Keeper challenge trade - NL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper challenge trade - NL?

Was offered Ryan McMahon $15 for Joe Musgrove $16. NL 5x5, both players year one. Need hitting talent. Hate the Rockies but McMahon seems like someone they will build around (though who knows?). Thoughts?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Was offered Ryan McMahon $15 for Joe Musgrove $16. NL 5x5, both players year one. Need hitting talent. Hate the Rockies but McMahon seems like someone they will build around (though who knows?). Thoughts?
    How's your pitching without Joe?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have to rebuild. So I’m looking to maximize for future.

Pitching is great but not deep. I have Darvish $24 (through 2022), Trevor Rogers $6 (year 1), Ryan Weathers $12, KH Kim 2.
      Also Richard Rodriguez $9.

Comment

I have to rebuild. So I’m looking to maximize for future.

Pitching is great but not deep. I have Darvish $24 (through 2022), Trevor Rogers $6 (year 1), Ryan Weathers $12, KH Kim 2.
        Also Richard Rodriguez $9.
        How many keepers and how's your hitting cuz I like Joe at $16, but McMahon is pretty nice, but I'm not totally sold on him especially with how the Rockies organization is and what the team might look like next season.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

7 keepers total.

I have
          Acuna $23 through 2023
          Rogers $6
          Darvish $24
          Victor Robles $18 (must keep through 2023 or buy out)

Then it falls off pretty bad. I have Reynolds, McMahon, and Willson Contreras all in final year. Likely to flip two of them for Josh Rojas $8 year 1 or for Edman $15 through 2022. So that would be one more keeper.

Comment

Musgrove is a top 25 pitcher while McMahon would rank significantly lower on the hitting side.

Comment

Interesting. I can’t identify many great keepers to acquire in dump deals. Robles is not helping my rebuild.

Comment

"Victor Robles $18 (must keep through 2023 or buy out)"

I am Cassandra, who warns against most longterm deals (and x 1000 if a poison pill is attached) - but the curse on me is that no one will ever listen.....
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  "Victor Robles $18 (must keep through 2023 or buy out)"

I am Cassandra, who warns against most longterm deals (and x 1000 if a poison pill is attached) - but the curse on me is that no one will ever listen.....
                  Lol. We did cut back the penalty. I think it will be $10. I might be able to unload him on someone; if I could give him away free would you at this point? Also thoughts on Musgrove for McMahon?

Comment

cut back? the only way to cure the disease is to cut off limbs - or make it $100 minimum, at least

in 2019, an owner in my league decided to make Nola 14-O, Albies 5-O, and JBell 5-O when he could have added 5 to each contract as an L2, and given himself a (free) option to add 5 more for a final year.

now, this makes 98 pct of owners' heads explode.

well, this "idiot" repeated his title that year, winning by margin of ..... 105.5 points to 105 for runnerup.

flags DO fly forever. this guy needed 19 tries to get his first ring, and he enjoyed his second, too - which nobody else would have won by sacrificing 5, 10, or 15 units into the uncertain future.

Musgrove and McMahon both are worth more, even without inflation, than that price.

but the Rockies are a national disaster area. if you are an NL league and you lose the player if he goes to AL, then beware of any Rockies.
                    Musgrove, meanwhile, is a San Diego kid who has pitched the Padres no-hitter. and the franchise is doing well and spending. he's not going anywhere. all that is a factor, beyond that both are nice players at nice prices.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Interesting. I can’t identify many great keepers to acquire in dump deals. Robles is not helping my rebuild.
                      Expand the deal to include Robles and only ask for a MR back.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Musgrove is a top 25 pitcher while McMahon would rank significantly lower on the hitting side.
                        I agree with this. I'd want far more for Musgrove.

Comment

Working...
                        X