Trade Brandon Morrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Brandon Morrow

10 team mixed with 33 man rosters. I've been offered a pick in our July 1st pick up draft for Brandon Morrow who I may be able to keep next year. The other potential keepers would be Kendrick, Joyce, Stanton, Moreland, Smoak, Haren, Dan Hudson, Cahill and Storen and I can only keep 5. I'm currently very comfortably in first place and my pitching is a weak spot, if I have one.

The pickup draft will allow me to keep the player for an extra year. Currently this owner is tied for second last so the pick will be a good one. The draft is basically a minor league draft and the eligible guys are Lawrie (assuming he's up), Ackley (assuming he's up), Moustakas, Rizzo, Dee Gordon, Blackmon - basically the new "Super 2" guys.

Long story short, Morrow (1 year) for a Super 2 player (2 years)?

I'd do it. In a 10 team mixed league, I'd feel comfortable enough with FA pitching to sacrifice Morrow to take a shot a guy like Lawrie, who has legit 5-tool potential.

Comment

Yeah, I would definitely do that. My concern is that you seem to be somewhat limited in your pickups and if you deal Morrow you can't easily replace him from the FA list. But in a vacuum I like it.

Comment

I'd also do the deal

Comment

Working...
        X