No announcement yet.

The Year of the Ouchie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started checking rotoworld/sportsedge/whatever-it-is around 8:30 every night to scan who has been pulled out of games early
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      In my NL only league I have 9 players on the IL

d'Arnaud, Kelly, Votto, Hayes, Strasburg, E Hernandez, Bradley, Morejon, Knebel (also have Hiura and Hilliard)

In my AL only league I have 12 players on the IL

Mondesi, Ramos, Greiner, Holt, Panik, Odorizzi, Urquidy, Dolis, Giles, Munoz, Bush, Puk (Giles and Munoz I drafted hurt so they don't really count)

In my mixed league I have 9 players on the IL

Springer, Yelich, d'Arnaud, Calhoun, Hicks, Cron, Gallen, Hicks, Widener, Ynoa (Have Voit who came back last week) Had Rosenthal but dropped him
      I have Pillar in my NL only league and forgot to mention Didi in my mixed league.

Do you guys want me to just post my full rosters so you can trade those guys now before they eventually get hurt?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        I have Pillar in my NL only league and forgot to mention Didi in my mixed league.

Do you guys want me to just post my full rosters so you can trade those guys now before they eventually get hurt?
        As Madducks has often said, "You have to pick players that won't get hurt."
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Harper and Plesac to the IL
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            I've started checking rotoworld/sportsedge/whatever-it-is around 8:30 every night to scan who has been pulled out of games early
            today so far it's Kluber, Hoerner, & Ozuna ... but the evening's still early ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              today so far it's Kluber, Hoerner, & Ozuna ... but the evening's still early ...
              And all that Jazz....
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

saw Kluber's post-game interview, he said his arm felt "heavy, not painful" before the game and he never quite loosened up.

said it was "nothing like last year."

I'm saying there's a chance...
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                X