Cody Bellinger hairline fracture left fibula 4-16-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Bellinger hairline fracture left fibula 4-16-21

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Friday that Cody Bellinger underwent a scan on Thursday that revealed a hairline fracture in his left fibula.

Bellinger was already on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 6, with what was thought to be a left calf contusion.

Bellinger was injured last Monday April 5 when he was spiked in the calf on a play at first base.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Ouch. Any idea how long that will be?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Ouch. Any idea how long that will be?
      4-6 weeks would be normal, but I've heard he'll only be out two weeks.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        4-6 weeks would be normal, but I've heard he'll only be out two weeks.
        I don't care how "minor" they may think it'll be, it's still technically a broken leg. It'll take time to heal up and THEN he's got to get back into baseball shape...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I don't care how "minor" they may think it'll be, it's still technically a broken leg. It'll take time to heal up and THEN he's got to get back into baseball shape...
          Gallen has a hairline fracture in his pitching forearm and he came back quick. The range of cracks is pretty wide. If it is minor, it is possible he will be back pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Gallen has a hairline fracture in his pitching forearm and he came back quick. The range of cracks is pretty wide. If it is minor, it is possible he will be back pretty quick.
            Too Easy......
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Too Easy......
              Ha. My wife asks at what age do men stop making puerile jokes, and I tell her I'll know when I get there. She will be sad to learn that men well into their 50s and beyond still do so.

Comment

Ha. My wife asks at what age do men stop making puerile jokes, and I tell her I'll know when I get there. She will be sad to learn that men well into their 50s and beyond still do so.
                Raises hand

Comment

seems like the proper response would be to make a joke out of the word puerile
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Does puerile mean fart?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Does puerile mean fart?
                      I think it's a brand of hand sanitizer.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gallen was still out for over three weeks, so I can't buy 2 weeks at all, especially when Bellinger has to run and jump on that leg.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Gallen was still out for over three weeks, so I can't buy 2 weeks at all, especially when Bellinger has to run and jump on that leg.
                          Agree. Yeah, he's got access to the best healing techniques money can buy, but still....two weeks seems pretty low.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Agree. Yeah, he's got access to the best healing techniques money can buy, but still....two weeks seems pretty low.
                            Cal Ripkin Jr would have just played through this and not missed a game. #getofmylawn.

Comment

Cal Ripkin Jr would have just played through this and not missed a game. #getofmylawn.
                              Nah, he would have just contrived to have their games canceled for three weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X