Bold Predictions thread - 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Predictions thread - 2021

Always enjoy reading some of these as the season goes on. Surprised that there is not one for this year, so I thought I would start....

- Angels will have 4 players in the top 10 MVP finishers and will still not make the playoffs.
    - Cleveland will have a better record than the White Sox
    - Mets will take the 2nd wild card spot, but not until the last few games of the season
    - Dodgers will win 108 games but will not make it to the WS
    - No player in the AL will have more than 30 steals
    - Reported change in the baseball will actually produce more HR than in any prior year
    - Albert Pujols will be traded to the Cardinals so he can finish his career where it started
    - Stanton and Judge will have less than 45 HR combined

Sure, why not:

- Tyler Glasnow stays healthy and wins the AL Cy Young award.
    - Joey Gallo's revamped swing continues paying dividends, goes .270/.380/.620, 48 HR/110 RBI and finishes a close second to Mike Trout for AL MVP.
    - Stephen Strasburg stays healthy and wins the NL Cy Young award.
    - The Mets finally provide enough offense, defense, and quality bullpen work for DeGrom to win 16 games. But, alas, the Mets still miss the playoffs since...
    - Miami finishes 2nd in the NL East and secures a wild card playoff slot.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

- Nick Madrigal and Tim Anderson finish 1-2 in the AL batting race
      - Lance McCullers rewards the Astros by winning the AL Cy Young Award
      - The AL has the best rookie class in its history, and Madrigal edges out Bobby Witt Jr for the award. Randy Arozarena doesn't get a single vote.
      - Daniel Bard continues his remarkable comeback and leads the NL in saves with 40

Comment

Working...
      X