16 team mixed auction HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 team mixed auction HDID

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Perez $13
    1B - Dalbec $4
    2B - Biggio $11 2nd year keeper
    3B - Moran $1
    SS - Mondesi $14 3rd year keeper
    CI - Pavin Smith $1
    MI - Kim $13
    OF - Trout $55 9th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $5
    OF - Dozier $13
    OF - Riley $15
    DH - Renfroe $1
    P - Nola $23 5th year keeper
    P - Paddack $16 2nd year keeper
    P - Singer $4 2nd year keeper
    P - Caleb Smith $1
    P - Wainwright $6
    P - Mills $1
    P - Iglesias $15
    P - Devin Williams $15
    P - Manoah $3
    MN - Rutschman $10
    MN - Campusano $10
    MN - Brujan $1
    MN - Nolan Jones $10

Thoughts from the RJ crowd? We're drafting our reserves. Where do I need to improve?

I know you had Benintendi before, like the $5 buy on him. Dozier for $13 could be very good for you, too. Dalbec at $4 could end up being a long-term keeper for you. I'm a Brewer homer, and love Devin Williams, but I'd have gone with an inexpensive, but still solid MR and invested that money in a better SP.

Reserve-wise, I think you need to be shopping for best SP available.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Anytime you can get a 29 year old pitcher who threw a no hitter for a buck it is a good thing says the Cubs Homer.

All kidding aside. I like your team. As Chance mentioned you could use another good SP but you have some minor league assets that can help with that. Right out of the gate I liked to see a $4 Dalbec on your team again agreeing with Chance.

I like your Wainwright gamble and am doing the same as he is one of my NL only keepers. Agree with Chance (not a bad habit) on your Benintendi pick. I have him targeted for our auction this weekend. 12 teams hope to get him in single digits.

This should be a fun team for you to manage this year.
      Last edited by Gregg; 03-24-2021, 04:46 PM. Reason: added who threw a no hitter.

Comment

Gregg - good call on the minors. All of them are good to great, but I really like Brujan for a buck.

Comment

First 4 reserve picks - $5 each:

Kris Bubic, SP, KC
          Gregory Sotp, RP, DET
          Andrew Miller, RP, STL
          Michael Chavis, 1b/3B/OF, BOS

With 3 picks left, what should I be targeting? I was sniped on Treinen and India the last two rounds. Any prospects outside the top 50 worth taking a flier on?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
            First 4 reserve picks - $5 each:

Kris Bubic, SP, KC
            Gregory Sotp, RP, DET
            Andrew Miller, RP, STL
            Michael Chavis, 1b/3B/OF, BOS

With 3 picks left, what should I be targeting? I was sniped on Treinen and India the last two rounds. Any prospects outside the top 50 worth taking a flier on?
            I would use at least one of those picks to take the the player that is left that has the most power.

I might use the second one to take the best of the worst catchers. Then at least I would get if needed not the worst of the worst. This is just a precautionary move in the event my starting catcher gets injured and needs to miss significant time.

For the last one I would look to a young MR that throws heat, but might be a little wild, hoping he gets it figured out...unless of course there are any left over good MR's than I grab one of those.

Comment

Last 3 reserve picks - $5 each:

Daniel Hudson, RP, WAS
              Brent Rooker, OF, MIN
              Marwin Gonzalez, IF/OF, BOS

Any weaknesses I need to address in the first waiver run?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                Last 3 reserve picks - $5 each:

Daniel Hudson, RP, WAS
                Brent Rooker, OF, MIN
                Marwin Gonzalez, IF/OF, BOS

Any weaknesses I need to address in the first waiver run?
                I'd be trying to take some long term shots at CI so you have a replacement for Pavin when he goes back down to the minors. (Not sure Chavis is that guy)

I also heard a rumor that Kim could actually get sent down to start the season so maybe another MI spec too.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I'd be trying to take some long term shots at CI so you have a replacement for Pavin when he goes back down to the minors. (Not sure Chavis is that guy)
                  Agree. Thought with his strong ST, Chavis might work his way into some PT, but that appears to not be the case. Dunno if Jake Bauers or Jay Bruce are still available, but they'd be a nice short-term play.

Comment

Working...
                  X