Final Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Keepers

15 tm 5x5 (OBP), we can keep 6 players and 3 MLers. Keepers are due tomorrow night. I don't have a great list, but I'm considering this group:

DEFINITES
    A. Gimenez $1
    Carlson $3
    Torkelson ML

POSSIBLES
    D'Arnaud $1
    C. Walker $5
    Bohm $23
    Adell $5
    O'Neill $1
    Chisholm $1
    Eaton $2
    Merrifield $28
    Conforto $24
    Bard $5
    D. Castillo $6
    Deivi Garcia $11
    Musgrove $4
    S. Howard $1
    E. Rodriguez $7
    G. Richards $2
    Romano $1

I'm leaning:
    D'Arnaud
    O'Neill
    Chisholm
    Musgrove

...mainly because they're cheap. With news of Yates' injury, I might replace Chisholm with Romano.

Who would you keep?

While I can understand taking a shot on O'Neill, it feels like you should be able to get him (or an equivalent) for $1, so I don't really see the point in keeping him.

Musgrove for $4 sounds good.
    D'Arnaud is a lock assuming 2C?
    I'd probably keep at least one of the "expensive" options like Conforto or Merrifield assuming you have some inflation.

Comment

I'd keep d'Arnaud, CWalker, Merrifield and Conforto. I could be convinced to throw over CWalker or Conforto for Musgrove. But there's no way I give up Merrifield at a primo $28. He and d'Arnaud would be my first two keeps from your whole list.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Bard has the closers job, and is cheap, so I'd consider him. Given what he does, I'd probably keep Merrifield as well, for nothing other than trade potential during the season. I wouldn't keep either Chisholm or D'Arnaud. Even at a buck, a single catcher league is easy to replace with decent stats. But I hate catchers, so take that with a grain of salt.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          While I can understand taking a shot on O'Neill, it feels like you should be able to get him (or an equivalent) for $1, so I don't really see the point in keeping him.

Musgrove for $4 sounds good.
          D'Arnaud is a lock assuming 2C?
          I'd probably keep at least one of the "expensive" options like Conforto or Merrifield assuming you have some inflation.
          It's the Waiver Wire league. 1 catcher.

Comment

d'Arnaud and Merrifield ( my first pick on your list) are the easy ones.

I won't argue with Ken or Chance on Musgrove. So with only one spot left I would take Conforto and you still have a lot of money left for the Auction.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              It's the Waiver Wire league. 1 catcher.
              In that case, keep O'Neill

On a serious note D'Arnaud is still a keep it's just not as clear cut for me. And I still think the more expensive plays are reasonable.

Comment

d'Arnaud
                Corky Romano
                Bard
                Merrifield

I guess you could make a case for Musgrove, just like you could every other year where he's ended up sucking eggs in a pitcher's park lol. Pass on Chisholm, too, although he's having a decent spring. He's more of a "since you have to roster a warm body at SS" NL-only type of play, imo.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Lots of good options there. I like D'Arnaud, Musgrove, Conforto, and Walker. I really do like D'Arnaud enough to keep in a 1-C league. I think you can get similar $1 guys to O'Neill and Jazz. I really, really like Romano too, and if you don't fear inflation, I could keep him over Conforto.

Comment

Yeah, I think maybe I like Walker over Bard....?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Yeah, I think maybe I like Walker over Bard....?
                      Yeah, in this league — of which you’re in — closers of Bard’s ilk usually go for $5-$7, so not sure he’s much of a bargain.

Comment

Damn, I’m in this league? In that case, keep Chisholm!

Comment

I wonder if Ken recommended Musgrove if he thought that or if he is in the league. As a member of the league, I highly appreciate the keeping of Musgrove. (I know, everyone loves him; I guess I have just had him in the wrong years; he's dead to me.)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            I wonder if Ken recommended Musgrove if he thought that or if he is in the league. As a member of the league, I highly appreciate the keeping of Musgrove. (I know, everyone loves him; I guess I have just had him in the wrong years; he's dead to me.)
                            Actually, believe it or not I tried to trade for Musgrove, Revo wouldn't give him to me.

I now have D'Arnaud, Franmil, and Chisholm from the original list on my team instead. Still wish I could have pried Musgrove away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Actually, believe it or not I tried to trade for Musgrove, Revo wouldn't give him to me.

I now have D'Arnaud, Franmil, and Chisholm from the original list on my team instead. Still wish I could have pried Musgrove away.
                              I think The Captain and Tennille wrote a song for you Musgrove Love.

Comment

Working...
                              X