Pls share your thoughts on my 12 team AL only team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls share your thoughts on my 12 team AL only team

We just had our auction today for our 12 team AL only keeper league. We are 5x5 scoring, but use OBP instead of AVG and on pitching we don't use wins or saves. Instead we have a custom category to replace each category. QS(2 points) + Wins (1 point) replaces Wins and Saves(2 points) + Holds (1 point) will replace Saves. We make weekly moves each monday, so Ohtani can be put active as a pitcher or a hitter for that week. I will be forced to keep him at pitcher as I cant move him to DH until Miggy C plays 2 games at 1b.

The players highlighted in Red were my keepers going into the draft. I got shutout on a closer as I passed on the first 2 and then did not get caught up in the bidding war for the last 2 closers that were available. Please share any comments or thoughts on my team. Thanks!!!

POS Player Team Salary
    c Roberto Perez Cle 2
    c Chance Sisco Bal 4
    1b Renato Nunez Det 9
    2b Whit Merrifield KC 13
    ss Jose Iglesias LAA 5
    3b Maikel Franco Bal 11
    mi Jonathan Schoop Det 14
    ci Ronald Guzman Tex 3
    of Aaron Judge NY 22
    of Jorge Soler KC 12
    of Luis Robert Chi 2
    of Justin Upton LAA 13
    of Stephen Piscotty Oak 8
    dh Miguel Cabrera Det 11
    p Shane Bieber Cle 24
    p Shohei Ohtani LAA 12
    p Robbie Ray Tor 21
    p Matther Boyd Det 18
    p Matt Shoemaker Min 7
    p Dylan Cease Chi 14
    p Nick Wittgren Cle 11
    p Tanner Scott Bal 4
    p Garrett Crochet Chi 4

I like your RPs just fine but your back-end SPs could really make a mess of your ratios. Those are big bets on Boyd and Ray. Also really worry about Ray and Cease going deep enough for QS, and maybe Ohtani too, but I guess not many SPs will do that anyway. Like the J-Up and Franco and Guzman buys. Always nice to have Judge and Beiber and Merrifield as a start to your team. Not a fun of Miggy locking Ohtani out of your offense.

Comment

Love love love your keeper list.

Hate hate hate you left $16 on the table.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have anything to add? I am seeing some other posts with some completed auction results. Looks pretty similar to my league in that there were very few bargains to be had. Probably the strangest draft our league has had. Not sure if it was because our league did not play last year, or if we did our draft 2 weeks before the start of the season. There were a number or owners that were doing the stars and scrubs and it caused large inflation and I had to pass on a number of players that I wanted. I did end up with $16 left over and also got into end game bidding wars on Ray, Boyd and Wittgren. But there was thin SP avail in this draft. Ryu, Berrios and Maeda all went for $35+ and those were the top SP avail. Anyway, still looking for some more feedback on if I have any major holes that I need to look to trade for to fill.

Comment

Wellllll.....

Like Gregg, love your keeper list. Really like the Renato Nunez buy; other IF buys sure look in line with prices recommended and paid in other leagues. Like the gamble on Guzman. Like Crochet a lot.

I'm going to disagree with joncarlos on JUp; I see him as a player in decline. Miggy shoved he was only mostly dead last year, and he's not bad on OBP, but I just see a 2017 year as a best outcome for a full season.

But what really concerns me about your roster is the $60 into Ray, Boyd, Cease, and Shoemaker. Any of the first three could damage your ratios badly, and you'll need two of them to be a lot better than they have been the last couple of years. If just two of them only modestly improve, your ratios are going to get crushed. I'd be looking to deal Ray to a K-needy team if at all possible and attempt to get someone back who's more ratio-reliable even if it means a hit on K's. Shoemaker's issue isn't what he does on the field; it's how much time he'll actually be available.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
            We just had our auction today for our 12 team AL only keeper league. We are 5x5 scoring, but use OBP instead of AVG and on pitching we don't use wins or saves. Instead we have a custom category to replace each category. QS(2 points) + Wins (1 point) replaces Wins and Saves(2 points) + Holds (1 point) will replace Saves. We make weekly moves each monday, so Ohtani can be put active as a pitcher or a hitter for that week. I will be forced to keep him at pitcher as I cant move him to DH until Miggy C plays 2 games at 1b.

The players highlighted in Red were my keepers going into the draft. I got shutout on a closer as I passed on the first 2 and then did not get caught up in the bidding war for the last 2 closers that were available. Please share any comments or thoughts on my team. Thanks!!!

POS Player Team Salary
            c Roberto Perez Cle 2
            c Chance Sisco Bal 4
            1b Renato Nunez Det 9
            2b Whit Merrifield KC 13
            ss Jose Iglesias LAA 5
            3b Maikel Franco Bal 11
            mi Jonathan Schoop Det 14
            ci Ronald Guzman Tex 3
            of Aaron Judge NY 22
            of Jorge Soler KC 12
            of Luis Robert Chi 2
            of Justin Upton LAA 13
            of Stephen Piscotty Oak 8
            dh Miguel Cabrera Det 11
            p Shane Bieber Cle 24
            p Shohei Ohtani LAA 12
            p Robbie Ray Tor 21
            p Matther Boyd Det 18
            p Matt Shoemaker Min 7
            p Dylan Cease Chi 14
            p Nick Wittgren Cle 11
            p Tanner Scott Bal 4
            p Garrett Crochet Chi 4
            Great keepers going into the auction.

I like your buys on offense more than pitching. Schoop $14, Upton $13, Franco $11, Iglesias $5 all seem like good prices. I also like a few of your pitching buys, particularly Crochet $4 and Scott $4 given your format. The SP are riskier, certainly taking the duo of Ray and Boyd for $39 is risky. Ray and Boyd both have contextual factors that could lead them to improve (Ray got out of Arizona, Boyd is using the de-juiced balls). I like the Cease and Shoemaker buys more. $115 for such a volatile staff without any clear-cut closers is a lot, but with your keeper list geared towards offense, plus your 2 SP keepers being a little more pricey and established, you had room to gamble a little more with 2nd tier SP. You'll need to hope Ray and Boyd don't murder your ratios, but you could say that about any pitcher.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

4 Tigers? Are you from Detroit or something??
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                4 Tigers? Are you from Detroit or something??
                LOL... I actually target players from crap teams as bargains were very hard to come by in our auction. The better teams usually end up with guys over bidding just because they are NY, Hou, or TB. I think Chad Green went for $11, Arozarena for $33 and Greinke for $42.

Comment

Solid team built on strong keeper foundation. I agree with the consensus that your risk is concentrated in those back-end SPs. I get the thesis behind targeting SPs on poor teams. However, the guys you landed all pose ratio risk. Would look to dial that back when you can. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X