Pedroia back to Boston 6/8/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedroia back to Boston 6/8/11

Sent back to Boston to see whats wrong with his knee. Speculation is he could be out for the year.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Did I hear correctly that this could be an Ellsbury situation, where he and the team disagree on what the problem is and what the treatment should be?

Comment

I didnt hear that. All I heard was that he is heading back to Boston for an exploratory look.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

What I've heard is that if he needs surgery he will miss a month.

RotoWorld's take:

Dustin Pedroia might need surgery on his knee that would sideline him for at least a month.
        The news comes via Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe. Pedroia has been playing with an injured knee since mid-May and it's begun showing in his poor .247/.361/.338 batting line. Still, the news comes as a major blow to the Red Sox, who are losing their second baseman and must now find a different option. Jed Lowrie would likely move to second with Marco Scutaro regularly manning shortstop.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Just a bruised kneecap, should be in the lineup tomorrow per Red Sox beat writer on twitter

Comment

Working...
          X