Any insight on Hayes, 3b Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any insight on Hayes, 3b Pit

Looks like a nice fall back option for 3b..
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Hayes came up with the label of being an all defense guy, but he has blossomed into a fine bat as well. Think Matt Chapman, except with more hit and a bit of speed, but less power. Like Chapman, he was dismissed early and being mostly glove, but his bat developed. Like Chapman, Hayes will always be a better real player than fantasy player, but he looks like he will also be a very good fantasy asset now--someone who can give up a .280 avg, 20 hrs, and 8-10 steals.

Comment

Yeah, I think he's just that -- a good fallback option. I have him at $11 in OBP leagues, which makes him a 5th-tier 3B. That means others likely see him better than I do and he won't go where I expect he should.

Comment

I was listening to someone... I wish I could remember who... that was saying that his median exit velocity was way better than his mean, and maybe the power is more legit than we thought.

That said, it's a tough park to hit for a righty (or anyone, really) and a terrible lineup. But his glove and his prospect pedigree will absolutely keep him in the lineup every day, and I don't think his speed will be a zero.

Comment

Working...
        X