Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep DeGrom?

NL 5x5, 11 teams 270 cap

I am tinkering with the idea of keeping DeGrom who I have at $48. I also will be keeping Wheeler and Ian Anderson for a combined $10. My offense is ticked with strong everyday players (no real superstars) [Bohm, Hiura, Brian Anderson, Alonso, McNeil, Tapia & Grisham] for a combined $30. I can also hold Hampson at $2 if I so choose. DeGrom would bump Rodgers or Carson Kelly so no concern there. If I throw him back he will go for at least the same, but probably a few $$ more. I kinda like the idea of locking down 550+ Ks with solid ratios going into the draft but still I am hesitant to keep such a high salaried player. Thoughts?

He’s the best SP by far in the NL, he probably would go for at least that if you tossed him, so sure.

Comment

Easy keeper, don't overthink it.

Comment

Having those cheap everyday players and two solid, cheap pitchers affords you the luxury of keeping deGrom without as much as a second thought. Keep him and enjoy the production.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Yep. Yep yep.

Keep DeGrom. Also: owning him will reduce your blood pressure. Trust me.

Comment

Yes, it's advantageous to have an ace pitcher to build around.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In my main league I had a chance to take DeGrom at pick 6 and stupidly didn't take him. Haven't had a good night's sleep since.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                In my main league I had a chance to take DeGrom at pick 6 and stupidly didn't take him. Haven't had a good night's sleep since.
                Who did you take?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Who did you take?
                  I was hoping nobody would ask that.

In a misguided sense of loyalty I took Jose Ramirez as he has been a key guy for me in recent years. He stands out at 3B and is one of the few to offer SB at that position. But 2 seconds after making that choice I regretted not taking DeGrom. First 5 were Acuna, Betts, Tatis, Soto and Trout.

I feel like I'm in a confessional, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    I was hoping nobody would ask that.

In a misguided sense of loyalty I took Jose Ramirez as he has been a key guy for me in recent years. He stands out at 3B and is one of the few to offer SB at that position. But 2 seconds after making that choice I regretted not taking DeGrom. First 5 were Acuna, Betts, Tatis, Soto and Trout.

I feel like I'm in a confessional, lol.
                    Not a bad consolation prize.

I am a huge fan of Ramirez for our fantasy game. I will have to choose between him or Gerrit Cole at auction a week from Friday. I hope Cole comes out first. I will either have a stud pitcher, or money to buy Ramirez.

Comment

Working...
                    X