Need 5 keepers from this bunch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 5 keepers from this bunch...

So we froze our rosters from 2019 and are using those salaries/contracts to choose our keepers. Help me pick 5 from this bunch. 13 team mixed. I'm leaning towards DJ and Luzardo but unsure for the rest....

Max Muncy $8/last year, Sano $1/2, C. Seager $19/2, DJ LeMahieu $1/2, Dozier $6/2, Soler $4/2, Freeman $43/2 (Goldy went for $54 that year), Adell $1/2, Luzardo $3/2, D. German $6/2, Heaney $3/2, Strasburg $31/2, Osuna $15/1, K Jansen $20/2

If you only keep 5 a year in a 13 team mixed, I say go for the best proven players, but I'll concede keeping Luzardo, because I'd want to keep an arm and he has big upside:

Seager, DJ, Freeman, Muncy, and Luzardo. If you want to keep Soler over Muncy, I ain't mad at that. He is cheaper and you have him for the extra year. But if he is DH only in your league, as he should be, I prefer Muncy. I wouldn't worry too much about extra years on lesser guys like Soler when determining who to keep for just 5 keeper spots. You will always have new guys emerge as keeper options.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      If you only keep 5 a year in a 13 team mixed, I say go for the best proven players, but I'll concede keeping Luzardo, because I'd want to keep an arm and he has big upside:

Seager, DJ, Freeman, Muncy, and Luzardo. If you want to keep Soler over Muncy, I ain't mad at that. He is cheaper and you have him for the extra year. But if he is DH only in your league, as he should be, I prefer Muncy. I wouldn't worry too much about extra years on lesser guys like Soler when determining who to keep for just 5 keeper spots. You will always have new guys emerge as keeper options.
      This is the list I'd go with, too.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Thirded - Seager, DJ, Freeman, Muncy, Luzardo

Comment

Is that Marcel Osuna for $15? I'm assuming it's Roberto as he's listed between some pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Is that Marcel Osuna for $15? I'm assuming it's Roberto as he's listed between some pitchers.
            You say Osuna, I say Ozuna. Let's call the whole thing off.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              You say Osuna, I say Ozuna. Let's call the whole thing off.
              Right you are, move along nothing to see here.

Comment

Assuming it is the pitcher Ozuna/Osuna, that seems like a good list.
                Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Roberto Osuna

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Soler qualifies at OF and DH

Comment

Working...
                    X