Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeper list due in 1hr - should I extend J Soler 1 year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper list due in 1hr - should I extend J Soler 1 year?

I just picked up J Soler in a last min traded before keeper lists are due. I traded Kepler $26 and Semien $20 to get Soler who is $12. Both Kepler and Semien were planned keepers, but I couldn't pass on trading them both to get me some more $ to spend.

What are your thoughts on extending Soler 1 more year to $17? Right now is is $12 and would be good for just 2021.
    Thanks for any advice.

edit to add..... this is for a 12 team AL only keeper league that uses OBP instead of BA

What kind of league?

I just traded Soler away in our league. Without knowing your league circumstances, I would lean to no extension. Soler has injury history. And people always undervalue having some extra money at auction. Again will depend on your league context (teams, number of keepers, penalty for breaking a contract, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      What kind of league?

I just traded Soler away in our league. Without knowing your league circumstances, I would lean to no extension. Soler has injury history. And people always undervalue having some extra money at auction. Again will depend on your league context (teams, number of keepers, penalty for breaking a contract, etc).
      Thx for the reply Sharky. This is for a 12 team AL only league. 15 keepers max going into the auction. If I extend a players contract and decide that I do not want him in 2022, then I can throw the player back but I will lose $5 off my available funds to spend during the auction.

Comment

In our league it’s tough to trade players who don’t have future years of control. Don’t know if that’s the same for you. Regardless I probably don’t extend. He’s not dramatically under value.

Comment

We have a rule that once the season starts any player that has a expiring contract can be traded and the receiving team has the option to extent the contract for 1 year max if they choose to do so. Only restriction is that is a players contract has already been extended, they can't been extended a 2nd time.

Its a nice rule in that if you have a player who you don't want to extend and they go off in the last year of their contract you can still have alot of trade value as teams that trade for that player can add 1 more year to their contract.

Comment

I realize it's too late, but I would have extended him a year.

Comment

Working...
            X