Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much keeper Goodness, Well less than last year, but still goodness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much keeper Goodness, Well less than last year, but still goodness.

So last year I posted about my quandary of too many good keepers in a unique H2H league. I finished a half point out of the playoffs (Covid cost me) had I made it, I would have won--I did win the consolation bracket and have the #1 pick so that's, well, a consolation. Here's the particulars.

We can only keep 10 from our roster, but we can keep them as long as we want until the next redraft in 7(5 now) years. No salaries.

12 team H2H with daily transactions. Solid ownership. Custom 9x9 league. Standard 23 active/5 man bench 1 CA/2 UT

Hitting: Singles, Doubles, triples HRs, Runs, RBI, Net SBs (+2/-1) OBP, Slg.

Pitching: IP, QS, K, Win %, Sv+Hlds, ERA, WHIP, K/9, K/BB

I have the following to choose from:

Whom I am leaning toward keeping...….

Keston Hiura
    Trea Turner
    Vlad Gurrero Jr
    Juan Soto
    Christian Yelich
    Bo Bichette
    Yu Darvish

Who I also have:

Garver
    Goldschmidt
    Ke, Bryan Hayes
    Austin Hays
    Yordan Alvarez
    Franmil Reyes
    Victor Reyes
    Carrasco
    Taillon
    Gallen
    Javier
    Urquidy

Jo Adell
    Casey Mize
    CJ Abrams
    Andrew Vaughn
    Julio Rodriguez

No Minor League squad so must be kept in the 10.
    Top minors guys who might play seem to be kept though I kept Adell last year and nada.

Pitching is always the easiest part of the equation in this league as there's a ton that comes out of nowhere and Holds/saves are equal.

Thoughts on the final 3?

Trades to explore?

Thanks gentlemen.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    So last year I posted about my quandary of too many good keepers in a unique H2H league. I finished a half point out of the playoffs (Covid cost me) had I made it, I would have won--I did win the consolation bracket and have the #1 pick so that's, well, a consolation. Here's the particulars.

We can only keep 10 from our roster, but we can keep them as long as we want until the next redraft in 7(5 now) years. No salaries.

12 team H2H with daily transactions. Solid ownership. Custom 9x9 league. Standard 23 active/5 man bench 1 CA/2 UT

Hitting: Singles, Doubles, triples HRs, Runs, RBI, Net SBs (+2/-1) OBP, Slg.

Pitching: IP, QS, K, Win %, Sv+Hlds, ERA, WHIP, K/9, K/BB

I feel like you are just trying to give us all a headache with those categories. Wish I could be more helpful
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

YAlvarez, Gallen, Carrasco are the 3 guys I like best.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Keston Hiura
        Trea Turner
        Vlad Gurrero Jr
        Juan Soto
        Christian Yelich
        Bo Bichette
        Yu Darvish

Who I also have:

Garver
        Goldschmidt
        Ke, Bryan Hayes
        Austin Hays
        Yordan Alvarez
        Franmil Reyes
        Victor Reyes
        Carrasco
        Taillon
        Gallen
        Javier
        Urquidy

Jo Adell
        Casey Mize
        CJ Abrams
        Andrew Vaughn
        Julio Rodriguez

I've bolded nine guys. I like the Carrasco idea, too, but his injured elbow worries me right now. That last spot would come down to Yordan, Carrasco, or Hiura for me. If the injury status of the former two isn't clear soon I'd go with the latter, even though I feel a little skeptical about Hiura. Goldschmidt is a relatively safe keep if you don't want to risk it with Vaughn, too.

Edit: I'm also unsure how the unusual categories will affect your keepers so I just eyeballed.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Yordan, Gallen, Vaughn. Yordan and Vaughn in that league format could be outrageously valuable.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Vaughn with a projected future 70 hit 60 power is hard to pass up

Comment

Keston Hiura
              Trea Turner
              Vlad Gurrero Jr
              Juan Soto
              Christian Yelich
              Bo Bichette
              Yu Darvish
              Yordan Alvarez
              Andrew Vaughn
              Zac Gallen

Poss Hayes.

Is there anyone you'd boot to roster Ohtani? Daily moves make him a pretty good guy if he's Ohatni the Babe-Kofax. I'm pretty high on him this season, talk some sense into me.....
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Keston Hiura
                Trea Turner
                Vlad Gurrero Jr
                Juan Soto
                Christian Yelich
                Bo Bichette
                Yu Darvish
                Yordan Alvarez
                Andrew Vaughn
                Zac Gallen

Poss Hayes.

Is there anyone you'd boot to roster Ohtani? Daily moves make him a pretty good guy if he's Ohatni the Babe-Kofax. I'm pretty high on him this season, talk some sense into me.....
                I would rather have Ohatni than Vlad this year.

Comment

Ohtani is gold in daily leagues.

Comment

Maybe Ohtani over Alvarez?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Maybe Ohtani over Alvarez?
                      Yeah I thought about that, dh for dh

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd toss over Hiura if you can fit both Alvarez and Ohtani in at the same time when Ohtani is hitting.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X