No announcement yet.

2021 NL Only Keeper List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Alfaro deal. From all my readings, Calhoun is very much on schedule and will be ready to go 2nd or 3rd week in April.

You’re buying risk and upside in Suarez. The other options could get messy, and if not, one of the available 3Bs would make a fine UT player. The only bad thing about this deal is you helped umjewman.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I like the Alfaro deal. From all my readings, Calhoun is very much on schedule and will be ready to go 2nd or 3rd week in April.

You’re buying risk and upside in Suarez. The other options could get messy, and if not, one of the available 3Bs would make a fine UT player. The only bad thing about this deal is you helped umjewman.
      If Reynolds plays like he did last year, I don't think he helped me all that much...

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I think there comes a point at which owners prioritize team needs over value, and I think you may have done that here. In an Only league, why would a $1 flyer at 3B be a bad thing to start the season (unless you see zero low-cost 3B targets)? If all the available 3B seem likely inflated above value, why not pivot the money to a position you have more targets and keep 3B open for a trade upgrade?

I don't hate the Alfaro for Calhoun swap as much as the Reynolds for Suarez one. It just seems like siphoning profit before the draft unnecessarily.

That said, every league has its tendencies, and you know them better than I do. Good luck.
        These are valid points, TW...and you've captured the primary cause of my concern. I am usually against making such a lopsided value trade pre-draft, because it makes more sense to carry undervalued players into the auction and making moves after you've taken advantage of your team's surplus value. But the 3B landscape was pretty ugly (see below) AND umjewman was an ideal trading partner because he had a 3B surplus (he actually had four 3B eligible players, to go along with one 1B) while I had an OF surplus (even moreso after acquiring Calhoun). I made the move I felt I needed to make, but don't actually feel great about it. I can still take a $1 flyer in a UT slot, which gives me more options than being limited to the pool of 3B.

Here's the list of the top 48 3B eligible players in our league:

Player Keeper Salary
        Manny Machado 3B | SD $39
        Nolan Arenado 3B | STL $50
        Eugenio Suarez 3B | CIN $39
        Max Muncy 1B | LAD $14
        Jeff McNeil LF | NYM $17
        Kris Bryant 3B | CHC AVAILABLE
        Ke'Bryan Hayes 3B | PIT $5
        Alec Bohm 3B | PHI $2
        Tommy Edman 3B | STL $2
        Justin Turner 3B | LAD $27
        J.D. Davis 3B | NYM $1
        Austin Riley 3B | ATL $5
        Jean Segura 2B | PHI $24
        Eduardo Escobar 3B | ARI $14
        Brian Anderson 3B | MIA AVAILABLE
        Ryan McMahon 2B | COL $7
        Evan Longoria 3B | SF AVAILABLE
        Colin Moran 3B | PIT $3
        Carter Kieboom 3B | WAS $5
        David Bote 3B | CHC $7
        Edwin Rios 3B | LAD
        $7 - MLE
        Asdrubal Cabrera 1B | ARI $1
        Brad Miller 3B | PHI $2
        Erik Gonzalez SS | PIT $4
        Johan Camargo 2B | ATL AVAILABLE
        Nick Tanielu 3B | SD AVAILABLE
        Jake Lamb 3B | ATL AVAILABLE
        Eric Sogard 3B | CHC AVAILABLE
        Phillip Evans 3B | PIT AVAILABLE
        Matt Carpenter 3B | STL $11
        Pablo Sandoval 3B | ATL AVAILABLE
        Travis Shaw 3B | MIL AVAILABLE
        Cheslor Cuthbert 3B | CIN AVAILABLE
        Jonathan India 3B | CIN $5 - MLE
        Luis Urias 3B | MIL $5
        Todd Frazier 3B | PIT AVAILABLE
        Wyatt Mathisen 3B | ARI AVAILABLE
        Jason Vosler 3B | SF AVAILABLE
        Josh Harrison 2B | WAS AVAILABLE
        Matt Davidson 3B | LAD AVAILABLE
        Zach Green 3B | MIL AVAILABLE
        Matt Duffy 3B | CHC AVAILABLE
        Ehire Adrianza 3B | ATL AVAILABLE
        Nolan Gorman 3B | STL $8 - MLE
        Elehuris Montero 3B | COL $5 - MLE
        Kody Hoese 3B | LAD $5 - MLE
        Luis Toribio 3B | SF $5 - MLE
        Zack Cozart 3B | SF AVAILABLE
        Jedd Gyorko 1B | MIL AVAILABLE
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Yes...that adds to my angst!
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Someone is keeping Justin Turner at $27? Dang! As an aside, you make the very nicest tables on RJ.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Someone is keeping Justin Turner at $27? Dang! As an aside, you make the very nicest tables on RJ.
              seconded

it's an actual html table, I'm not sure if he's manually typing them in or what but they look great

Comment

Sheepishly raises hand. That’s me.

Based on league dynamics, I think he’s a decent keeper. Especially after I conned this other guy into taking Suarez at $39!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Sheepishly raises hand. That’s me.

Based on league dynamics, I think he’s a decent keeper. Especially after I conned this other guy into taking Suarez at $39!
                  Hey man, I love it. Turner is a goddamn American hero as far as I'm concerned.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    seconded

it's an actual html table, I'm not sure if he's manually typing them in or what but they look great
                    Thanks for the compliments. The old CPA/Financial Analyst in me just can’t let go of using excel to organize and present certain data. I download the info from our league site, make a few edits to ensure the content is viewer friendly, paste it here, and bold certain items I want to highlight.

Years ago, umjewman made fun of me for sending the league a spreadsheet (after the season) to justify a trade I’d made. LOL
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                      Years ago, umjewman made fun of me for sending the league a spreadsheet (after the season) to justify a trade I’d made. LOL
                      If I remember correctly, I was making fun of you for absurdly suggesting you didn’t rip off someone mercilessly, not the spreadsheet itself. Hard to say trough, I do make fun of you quite a bit. Need Covid to end so I can come back down there and team up with the Mrs. again!

Comment

Hard to say trough
                        I agree that’s a really difficult word to pronounce

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I agree that’s a really difficult word to pronounce
                          I was going to say I fat fingered my phone this morning, but r and h are really nowhere near each other. Not really sure what happened there.

Comment

If I remember correctly, I was making fun of you for absurdly suggesting you didn’t rip off someone mercilessly, not the spreadsheet itself. Hard to say trough, I do make fun of you quite a bit. Need Covid to end so I can come back down there and team up with the Mrs. again!
                            As if either you or she needs any help poking fun at me...
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Our roster freeze is at 11:59:59 pm ET tonight. I've had some feelers out for a few pitchers, but no obvious deals have made sense. My probable keepers now look like this:

CI: Alonso $18, Suarez $39, Aguilar $8
                              MI: C.Taylor $6, M.Dubon $7, M.Rojas $1
                              OF: Acuna $22, V.Robles $18, K.Calhoun $18, Tapia $5, Hilliard $2
                              P: Pomeranz $1
                              MLE: R.Mauricio, H.Bishop, H.Greene

That's 12 keepers for $145. I have room for three more keepers from the following list:

Hitting options: Vogt (C) $4, Brinson (OF) $3,
                              Pitching options: D.Hudson $3, R.Wick $3, Alzolay $3 (MLE eligible), Floro $1

This is an odd feeling. I've never gone into an auction needing 9 pitchers, 2 catchers and 2 UT players. I could probably get Strasburg ($30) if I moved a cheap contract...but it probably makes more sense to keep the cheap players and pay $30-ish for Darvish as an anchor. I could then afford a $20-ish #2 starter, and mid-teens #3 starter and a cheap closer...then opportunistically purchase six additional pitchers at cheap (sub $10) price points that made sense. I'd also have room for a $20-ish hitter for one of my UT slots, and then go cheap on catchers and the final UT player.

Can anyone convince me that it makes sense to keep some of those cheap RPs (Hudson, Wick, Floro) that might luck into a few saves? I like them all well enough, but the draft might result in some better options falling into those $1 - $3 price ranges. What says the Pen?
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

I can see keeping Floro he won't go cheaper.

For $3 bucks this Cubs Homer takes a chance on Alzolay.

I really want to believe Wick can be the Closer (if needed) and pitch well...but I don't. I would pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X