Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for studs has gotten me?????

I have owned or currently own the following bums, I mean studs:

Hanley, Tulowitzki, and Longoria have a combined 19 hr's, 63 rbi's this year

throw in Dunn and his 5 hr's and 23 rbi's and it's no wonder i'm in 10th place this year
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

on one team? I will assume its a keeper league. Otherwise its a 2 team league.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Weird. My team with Braun, Kemp, Bautista, and Adrian Gonzalez is doing pretty good.
      I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
        Weird. My team with Braun, Kemp, Bautista, and Adrian Gonzalez is doing pretty good.
        yeah. Miguel Bautista has really exceeded expectations this year.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Next year I suggest spending your money on Miguel Cairo, Ben Fransisco, Jerry Hairston and Skip Schumaker and see if you like it better.

PS - Tulo has 11 of those HRs so it's unfair you have him in that group. I suggest you trade him though cause I own him and I'd like his eventual hot streak to start. I assume it will start when you trade him for JJ Hardy.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
            how is the third team in the league doing?

Comment

Mith, clearly you should go into next year's auction resolved to pay no more than $7 per player. Who cares about leaving money on the table when you can be assured of having no high cost slackers on your squad?
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Mith, clearly you should go into next year's auction resolved to pay no more than $7 per player. Who cares about leaving money on the table when you can be assured of having no high cost slackers on your squad?
                Maybe the league will cut his league fee if he agrees to this.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  how is the third team in the league doing?
                  Didn't hammer just make that joke?
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Next year I suggest spending your money on Miguel Cairo, Ben Fransisco, Jerry Hairston and Skip Schumaker and see if you like it better.

PS - Tulo has 11 of those HRs so it's unfair you have him in that group. I suggest you trade him though cause I own him and I'd like his eventual hot streak to start. I assume it will start when you trade him for JJ Hardy.
                    Why would i trade him for Hardy?

Once againt Bucky you take a cheap shot at me, but I won't make one back or else you'll cry that I'm mean.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                      did Bhob just say something to me? I bet it's really something I should pay attention to because he's always providing me with great advice (like how I was mishandling the situation with my previous boss at the library)

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        it's no wonder i'm in 10th place this year
                        Knock, knock, knockin on eleven's door :beavis:

Sad to say that i'm the 11th place team. But, Mith being the good friend, is going to fix that for me.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I understand your frustration, but that's the nature of the game. We rarely remember what we spent on a given player if we win, but if things don't go well, we blame our higher-priced players. As someone who spent $41 on Adam Dunn in my AL-Only and who is sitting in 8th place, I'm re-learning this yet again.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

I spent $55 on DONE in RJEL. Needless to say I have dumped already.

Comment

Dunn always said he didn't want to be a DH -- I guess now he's out to prove it now that he's raked in his cash.

He and Uggla are the biggest WTF?? guys of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X