2K21: Kris Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21: Kris Bryant

Everyone is saying to toss out the 2020 season, yet here is Kris Bryant going 129th overall in NFBC leagues, a far cry from pre-'20 when his ADP was 56. Clearly, fantasy players have a very short memory when it comes to certain players, lol.

Let's face it - Bryant stunk up the joint. Arguably, he was one of the worst regulars in baseball last year. Supposedly a lingering shoulder injury is to blame, but it seems like it comes and goes, as it hurt him in 2018, seemingly disappeared in 2019, before cropping up again in 2020. So who really knows.

I like him to rebound, so an ADP of 129 makes him potentially a huge bargain this season.

yes this ADP seems way too low and I would certainly take that risk

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ryankr01.shtml

Comment

5(??!!) barrels in 91 hits. Yeesh

Comment

I am more worried about his back issues.

Comment

ADP experts - does Bryant's draft pick status in NL only leagues impact ADP? I suspect from a mock NL only, there's a lot of people scared off of him since they think he'll be traded out of the league.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            ADP experts - does Bryant's draft pick status in NL only leagues impact ADP? I suspect from a mock NL only, there's a lot of people scared off of him since they think he'll be traded out of the league.
            When people refer to adp the general number is a mixed league adp unless specified so no.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              For NL only players there is certainly a risk of losing him. Lately it seems that a trade to the Mets is back in discussions.

I cannot see in keeper leagues anyone keeping him from last years auction pre his crap season. He needs to be thrown back and let the market dictate his risk reward value.

He had a lot of different physical issues last year. He is young enough to heal up but will he? He would have to be very cheap for me to roster him this year. That won't happen in our NL only.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                For NL only players there is certainly a risk of losing him. Lately it seems that a trade to the Mets is back in discussions.

I cannot see in keeper leagues anyone keeping him from last years auction pre his crap season. He needs to be thrown back and let the market dictate his risk reward value.

He had a lot of different physical issues last year. He is young enough to heal up but will he? He would have to be very cheap for me to roster him this year. That won't happen in our NL only.
                How cheap? Asking for a friend...
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  How cheap? Asking for a friend...
                  If the bidding stalled at 17, I would say 18, somebody says 19 and he is on their roster.

We do not lose a player if they get traded to the other league the minute after the auction ends. We keep them for the year or whatever is left of it.

Comment

And just like that we get this:

Sahadev Sharma
                    @sahadevsharma
                    Replying to @sahadevsharma
                    Jed Hoyer just now: “Right now we’re not engaged in any trade talk and we haven’t been for a bit.”

“So that Mets stuff was inaccurate?”

“That’s what I’m saying.”

Suggests team should look similar to now come opener.
                    12:21 PM · Feb 16, 2021 from Evanston, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      If the bidding stalled at 17, I would say 18, somebody says 19 and he is on their roster.

We do not lose a player if they get traded to the other league the minute after the auction ends. We keep them for the year or whatever is left of it.
                      Our NL-only league does the same. Owners have the option of keeping the player and the stats he generates OR releasing the player and getting their salary added to FAAB. The decision must be made during the next scoring period after the trade.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Bryant goes anywhere near that low. I project he’ll be bid up to somewhere between $26 - $35 in our league.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I find myself being totally out on Bryant without actually checking the numbers.

2020: 147 PA, 206/293/351, 8.2% BB rate, 27.2% K rate, 4 HR, 20 R, 11 RBI, 0 SB.

The aforementioned 5(??!!) barrels in 91 hits. 11th percentile in exit velo. 18th percentile hard hit. Still 69th percentile in sprint speed.

BatX projection: 664 PA, 254/357/460, 27 HR, 88 R, 85 RBI, 4 SB
                        ATC projection: 623 PA, 259/355/466, 26 HR, 75 RBI, 91 R, 2 SB

His back was bothering him. Is it still? Can we maybe just get something like 2018 where he's still a good hitter but the power isn't what it was?

Comment

Ex rotoworld (forgot what they are called now) had a 12 team NL only auction. Bryant went for $20.

Comment

Working...
                          X