Clear All

• Benintendi traded to KC

3-team deal, Mets also involved

Mets are getting Khalil Lee, trading Josh Winckowski & PTBNL to BOS

BOS getting Franchy Cordero

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      3-team deal, Mets also involved
      An odd trade for KC. They are giving up a decent prospect for a player who will be a free agent in two years. They must think the trade will make them competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
        An odd trade for KC. They are giving up a decent prospect for a player who will be a free agent in two years. They must think the trade will make them competitive.
        Or that he will bounce back and can be trade for even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I considered that but it seems very risky.

Comment

I like it for KC. They see the division going weak this year and are trying to sneak into a wild card. Could flame out spectacularly, but worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              This. They are bargain hunting, sure, but there is value to be had.

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I like it for KC. They see the division going weak this year and are trying to sneak into a wild card. Could flame out spectacularly, but worth a shot.
              Yeah.

He could be a turkey or Thanksgiving dinner. Longshots are cheap to play and can be big on the pay. If nothing else, Benintendi knows he will be playing regularly.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

If KC wanted to sneak into a wild card you would think they would address that awful rotation.

Comment

Presumably this gets Mondesi out of the 2 hole? Benni would give them 2 guys with reasonable wheels and OBP at the top of the lineup (Merrifield being the other) and then Soler/Salvy/Dozier/Santana? KC also signed Michael Taylor as a swing change guy and they think he can bounce back, so they're definitely taking fliers on guys. Benni definitely gives off an Alex Gordon vibe out there in LF.

I think Boston figures they can hide Franchy (or JDM, I guess) in LF, at least in Fenway, like they did with Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    If KC wanted to sneak into a wild card you would think they would address that awful rotation.
                    Valid point - they have about a week to do that, but some good options are still out there. I was thinking like SM was; get him in a lower pressure situation with an opportunity for a fresh start, have him bounce back and then he'd carry a lot of value for a contender this year or next. but if they went out and signed Odorizzi...well, that's a different story.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think Odorizzi would be a decent bounce back candidate if his pricetag drops a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        I see your point, but they do have young talent there. Singer, Keller & Bubic are all up and comers. They did add Mike Minor, and Duffy is meh but still there. Jackson Kowar presumably can be promoted mid-year. Adding a solid arm would definitely help, but I like their talent.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I see your point, but they do have young talent there. Singer, Keller & Bubic are all up and comers. They did add Mike Minor, and Duffy is meh but still there. Jackson Kowar presumably can be promoted mid-year. Adding a solid arm would definitely help, but I like their talent.
                          Yup, and they have several really highly regarded arms that should be ready by mid-season...Daniel Lynch, Jackson Kowar, maybe even Asa Lacy. All could contribute this season. KC is very quietly doing a smart build...around tons of young pitching.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Yup, and they have several really highly regarded arms that should be ready by mid-season...Daniel Lynch, Jackson Kowar, maybe even Asa Lacy. All could contribute this season. KC is very quietly doing a smart build...around tons of young pitching.
                            Yeah, their minors have reinforcements coming. Maybe too late for this year, but Lynch and Lacy especially look really good. Kowar ain't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              This is great knowledge, thanks. Love pitchers with skills in that stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X