NFC HDID Gwynnuenndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC HDID Gwynnuenndo

So, I was looking forward to this and tried to formulate and stick to my strategy, which I'm sure was similar to a few others. Getting the 7th slot was not where I preferred to start, I wanted 1-5 or 14/15, but I think I set my KDS up wrong--I started out making mistakes so i had to make as few as possible in the draft room. I wanted pitcher/bat ratio of 23/24-26/27 and ended up 24/26. With 2-3 closers and no more than 7-8 MR altogether. Target High K/9 guys with solid ratios and a shot at saves down the line. I targeted Bats with High Avg. Contributing in as may categories as possible and as flexible as I could get. This would allow me to pick the BPA instead of going positional need. I had to select some players who have not yet signed, but who should prior to Opening Day. Fill my starters and a some reserve before reaching into the high end potential call ups and streaming starters. I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with and that I stuck to my strategy.

So here are the results: (some guys will appear twice as they qualify for more than 1 spot)

CA Varsho, Garber, Campusano.

1b Mountcastle, La Stella, Choi, Brosseau, L Diaz, Apostle.

2b Biggio, La Stella, B. Rodgers, S. Long, Brosseau.

3b Machado, J Turner, Rio Ruiz, Biggio, Brosseau

SS T Turner, B Crawford

OF Blackmon, Rosario, Haniger, Calhoun, Puig, F Cordero, A Engle, Cespedes, Varsho, Mountcastle, Biggio, J Rodriguez

I'm a bit thin at Ca and SS so health at those positions are necessary if this team is to compete. I believe this is a solid team, I need Puig to sign and start, Haniger to be healthy If any of the endgame guys come through with production, even better.

SP: Flaherty, Ryu, Framber, Eflin, Sheffield, Wainwright, Thor (Hopefully), F Peralta, Fulmer, Whitley, Lynch, S Reid-Foley, Josiah Grey

Closers: Rosenthal, Rodriguez, Kintzler.

MR: Loaisiga, Fairbanks, Wick, McKay, J James, Rasmussen

Not very fear inspiring, the plan is to ride the MRs and stream the starters until Thor returns in the summer and one or more of the prospects get called up. I also need Rosenthal and Kintzler to sign, Trever should close wherever he signs ( I still think he'll return to the Padres.) Kintzler is a 50/50 shot to close eventually or straight out the gate once he signs.

I know I need a lot to go right to compete, but my projections have me in the top 5 so I'll take that for now.

Great draft everyone and GL!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
Working...
X