2k11 Eli Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11 Eli Whiteside

How long will the Giants allow Whiteside to be the primary catcher? Who are likely trading partners? I can see the Reds moving either Hernandez or Hanigan and promoting Mesoraco. They might be able to trade for Cervelli. Any other decent possiblities?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    How long will the Giants allow Whiteside to be the primary catcher? Who are likely trading partners? I can see the Reds moving either Hernandez or Hanigan and promoting Mesoraco. They might be able to trade for Cervelli. Any other decent possiblities?
    I doubt Cervelli is an option as Montero won't catch, Sanchez isn't far enough along and Romine is dealing with injuries.

Washington makes a ton of sense to trade Pudge their way. I agree on Cincy also and the Pirates could move Doumit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
      Washington makes a ton of sense to trade Pudge their way. I agree on Cincy also and the Pirates could move Doumit.
      Pudge makes sense, but the Giants would never expose their sterling pitching staff to Doumit. Whomever they get, he's going to be a catcher first and the bat is bonus. That's why they haven't rushed to make a move. They like Whiteside behind the dish, it's just his anemic bat that makes him replaceable. I could see Cincy giving Hanigan or Hernandez, but keep in mind that it's going to be a guy who is just a loaner for this year. When Posey comes back, it's going to be his job with Whiteside as a backup. I think Hanigan has too much upside for that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        Pudge makes sense, but the Giants would never expose their sterling pitching staff to Doumit. Whomever they get, he's going to be a catcher first and the bat is bonus. That's why they haven't rushed to make a move. They like Whiteside behind the dish, it's just his anemic bat that makes him replaceable. I could see Cincy giving Hanigan or Hernandez, but keep in mind that it's going to be a guy who is just a loaner for this year. When Posey comes back, it's going to be his job with Whiteside as a backup. I think Hanigan has too much upside for that.
        Agreed. Hanigan is on the first year of a two(?)-year deal, while Hernandez is a free agent at the end of the year IIRC. If the Reds trade someone, I think it would be Hernandez, perhaps as soon as after this weekend, when the Giants and Reds play.

ETA: Hanigan is in the first year of a 3-year, $4 million contract.
        Last edited by Don Quixote; 06-08-2011, 10:30 AM. Reason: Correction
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Working...
        X