Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrus Traded for Khrush

Blockbuster intradivision trade

Shuffling deck chairs... not sure which team is the Titanic and which is the iceberg at this point.

Comment

Rangers are the titanic for sure

Comment

Does this do anything for Krush's value?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Doubt it. I suspect he plays only against LHPs.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            He's pretty much like his brother from another Mother, Chris Davis. Both have descended into almost complete uselessness, so odd for guys with the same name.
            Last edited by Hornsby; 02-06-2021, 10:19 PM.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

He can only play DH now, and they have Willie Calhoun ticketed there. I get that they wanted Kiner-Falefa to start reducing Andrus to backup, but not sure how Davis helps them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                He can only play DH now, and they have Willie Calhoun ticketed there. I get that they wanted Kiner-Falefa to start reducing Andrus to backup, but not sure how Davis helps them at all.
                I don't see how Davis helps anyone, but this was a salary-related trade at first blush. Rangers take on more money right now and have more money to spend later on. Andrus was scheduled to be the starting 3B on the Rangers with K-F sliding over to short. Now I guess Odor is the starting 3B? They also have some dude named Apostle who I've never heard of as an option.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

The reports say Texas has been asking about Jonah Heim for a couple years - he's the real target in the deal. I'd say the odds are better than 24.7% Davis is DFA.

Odor probably stays at 2B with Nick Solak at third -- until Josh Jung is ready, which could be sometime over the summer.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Just nabbed Jung in the 50 rounder, so the sooner the better with him! 5th ranked 3B prospect by mlb.com. All hit tool, little power. Solak gaining additional eligibility will be great, too.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Just nabbed Jung in the 50 rounder, so the sooner the better with him! 5th ranked 3B prospect by mlb.com. All hit tool, little power. Solak gaining additional eligibility will be great, too.
                      It’s funny I had Jung targetted in this range before the draft. If the Elvis trade didn’t go down in the middle of our draft he was going to be on my team. 3rd or 4th guy I’ve lost to “news”

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        It’s funny I had Jung targetted in this range before the draft. If the Elvis trade didn’t go down in the middle of our draft he was going to be on my team. 3rd or 4th guy I’ve lost to “news”
                        I had him too
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X