Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucky just keeps sniping me. Was also hoping d'arnaud would make it back

Comment

• I wanted Hayes and Carlson so you guys did it to yourself.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I learned it from watching you!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The timer should have run out last evening. Sometime around 1am it stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            The timer should have run out last evening. Sometime around 1am it stopped.
            I think it is off from 2 to 8 or something like that.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I was up from midnight to 2 am. The timer froze way before the scheduled stop time of 2 am. There was a malfunction.

Comment

• I kept waiting for it to time out but it stopped at 12 minutes to go. Just in front of my pick. I had Montas top of my queue. Woke up to find I'd been sniped.

I feel so violated.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I kept waiting for it to time out but it stopped at 12 minutes to go. Just in front of my pick. I had Montas top of my queue. Woke up to find I'd been sniped.

I feel so violated.
                  My clock started at 12:11am so there were not 2 hours left on the timer if it stopped at 2am. At least that's how I understand it.

I was surprisingly torn between Hayes and Gio. I know Hayes has a higher ADP. I probably could have used his speed. I just think Gio is in such a better lineup and park.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    My clock started at 12:11am so there were not 2 hours left on the timer if it stopped at 2am. At least that's how I understand it.

I was surprisingly torn between Hayes and Gio. I know Hayes has a higher ADP. I probably could have used his speed. I just think Gio is in such a better lineup and park.
                    There were 11 minutes. So all.is working as expected
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      There were 11 minutes. So all.is working as expected
                      As I said previously, I was awake and monitoring the picks during this time. The timer showed eleven minutes for from almost 1 and kept resetting. If the eleven minute timer was accurate it should have expired long before 2 am. It malfunctioned.

Comment

• I was waiting until Devin Williams was taken so I can bring him up without offending Hornsby...so does anyone think he will get any saves? I tend to see the value in truly dominant middle relievers in roto with daily lineups, but have found that in the draft and hold format (and most weekly lineups), those guys tend to not have much value until: a) they start getting saves; or b) you are so riddled with injury that you have no choice.

I think it is certainly possible that they use Hader in more of a fireman sort of way or he is traded. I can also see Williams putting up a season like he did last year, which helps the ratios but not much else unless you need a warm body.

So what's his real value in this format....?

Comment

• He's got electric stuff, and Hader is certainly on the block. The Brewers are asking for a king's ransom for him, but some World Series team with a deep minor league system might just still decide to make it happen. Williams is firmly entrenched as the closer in waiting, and at a worst case will help your ratios.

My concern about Williams is his arm health - his injury last year screamed TJ precursor.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As I said previously, I was awake and monitoring the picks during this time. The timer showed eleven minutes for from almost 1 and kept resetting. If the eleven minute timer was accurate it should have expired long before 2 am. It malfunctioned.
                            Lol. Joncarlos said his clock started at 12:11 and the clock shut off at 2 with 11 minutes left. Believe whatever you want, it sounds like it is working as intended
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've seen this issue on the CLIENT side, such that my local brower had issues with the timer. A refresh of the page fixed it at that point. YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                I was waiting until Devin Williams was taken so I can bring him up without offending Hornsby...so does anyone think he will get any saves? I tend to see the value in truly dominant middle relievers in roto with daily lineups, but have found that in the draft and hold format (and most weekly lineups), those guys tend to not have much value until: a) they start getting saves; or b) you are so riddled with injury that you have no choice.

I think it is certainly possible that they use Hader in more of a fireman sort of way or he is traded. I can also see Williams putting up a season like he did last year, which helps the ratios but not much else unless you need a warm body.

So what's his real value in this format....?
                                Last year he threw 27 innings... multiply that by 2.7 and you get a pace of 73 per 162. Let's be really generous and call it 78. That's 3 innings a week. Probably more than he'd pitch as a MR, but Hader has gotten there.

In those 3 innings, he would give you 5 or 6 Ks.. pretty close to Alex Cobb or someone like that on a decent 1-start week (trying to think of a streamer way down the draft board). And he'd give you better ratios - maybe save you 2 or 3 baserunners in a week. That's not nothing, and maybe he has a chance to vulture a win or a save. Let's say he gets a win every 5 weeks.

So in 5 weeks you could have had:

15 innings, 25 Ks, 1 win, 12 baserunners, 2 runs
                                30 innings, 20 Ks, 2 wins, 40 baserunners, 15 runs

It's not a huge boost unless you get saves or wins. But that assumes you've got a solid streamer. If that streamer slot is 20 innings, 15 Ks, 1 win, 35 baserunners, 15 runs... then there's a lot more value in your MR.

Now, given Williams' injuries and Hader's relative durability, it might make more sense to just keep Williams as the 1-inning guy who always works the 9th, and let Hader be the 2 inning, 1.1 inning, pitch whenever guy. But I'm not sure if Milwaukee will do it that way.

On the 3rd hand, if Williams truly isn't getting any saves, you could probably get Yusmiero Petit in round 35 and get almost the same value. So you really do need the saves or just crazy high Ks or crazy low ratios to justify it. Because in a 50-round draft, most teams will hit on a really good low-ratio, no saves MR that will be on their bench almost every week.

Comment

Working...
                                X