Yahoo Position Eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Position Eligibility

Yahoo's platform is up and the position eligibilities are VERY generous.

The first couple I saw were:

Isiah Kiner-Falefa C/3B/SS - zero games played at C
    Garrett Hampson retained 2B/SS/OF - 2 GS, 6GP at SS

It raises a question. This is IKF's Steamer projection

577 PA, .260/.319/.370, 8 HR, 14 SB

What's that worth playing at C?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Yahoo's platform is up and the position eligibilities are VERY generous.

The first couple I saw were:

Isiah Kiner-Falefa C/3B/SS - zero games played at C
    Garrett Hampson retained 2B/SS/OF - 2 GS, 6GP at SS

It raises a question. This is IKF's Steamer projection

577 PA, .260/.319/.370, 8 HR, 14 SB

What's that worth playing at C?

J
    I actually wish all platforms made eligibility additive from 2019 like this.

If a player can sit out (0 games at any position) and retain eligibility, why would having one play a partial season mean they don't?

If I had any say in it... I'd take 2019 eligibility, and add on any new positions that were gained in 2020.

To answer your question on IKF, that is very league dependent (number of teams, number of catchers, single/mixed), but it's likely that Catcher has a lower replacement level than other positions so there's a boost.

Comment

I was already planning on keeping a cheap Lourdes Gurriel as an outfielder. But, today i realized that he still has his second base eligibilty. Woohoo! Merry Christmas to me!
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I was already planning on keeping a cheap Lourdes Gurriel as an outfielder. But, today i realized that he still has his second base eligibilty. Woohoo! Merry Christmas to me!
        I hope you're right, but I don't show him playing any games at 2B last year. Maybe my info is wrong....I hope. But I have him with only OF qualification, unless your league has a 1-game rule, in which case he should also have 1B qualification.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I hope you're right, but I don't show him playing any games at 2B last year. Maybe my info is wrong....I hope. But I have him with only OF qualification, unless your league has a 1-game rule, in which case he should also have 1B qualification.
          He didn't play second base at all last year. But, it looks like Yahoo is carrying over last years eligibility into this year. Thus, the gift.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            He didn't play second base at all last year. But, it looks like Yahoo is carrying over last years eligibility into this year. Thus, the gift.
            That's why I started the thread. IKF had zero games at C, but retained the rating.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              That's why I started the thread. IKF had zero games at C, but retained the rating.

J
              Going back to your original question - I finally have my software running for 2021 (I've had some other things come up this year so I'm behind).

Running with steamer projections using IKF as SS/3B, which he is in many leagues, he's barely above replacement at $2. If I make him eligible at C, he moves up to $8.

Take my proprietary software with a grain of salt, it's all custom written by me so open to flaws, but hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Ken. That's useful.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                X