Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeiX injured 6/7/11

Hit on the knee and carried off
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

He was in some serious pain, I could hear him cursing like a sailor on the TV. it looked pretty bad, hopefully it's just bruised, badly.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      He was in some serious pain, I could hear him cursing like a sailor on the TV. it looked pretty bad, hopefully it's just bruised, badly.
      As a Yankee fan it should be "hopefully it's just bruised"
      As a Yankee hater it should be "hopefully it's bruised, badly"

You seem confused. :wtf:
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post

You seem confused. :wtf:
        It looked so bad I was hoping for a really bad bruise. X-rays are negative, it's a contusion. So that's a good thing.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          As Don Quixote it should be "hopefully it's shattered and the fragments flew out and injured Jeter and Cano"
          Fixed.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Fixed.
            I like Cano. I'd like him more if he wouldn't hit HRs off my pitchers. And as for Jeter, I'd like him to get his 3000th hit soon, then go back to being the declining Derek Jeter.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Good news, Yankee fans. As of now, Teixeira is in the lineup for tonight.

On the non-baseball front involving a player, Jorge Posada may miss some time this week due to his son being operated on. Here's hoping the young 'un comes through well.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Teix 1-for-4 with 2 RBI last night. Drama over, glad it wasn't anything too serious.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                X