No announcement yet.

Rotojunkies NFBC Draft Championship League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we can draft anyone in the organization (I guess that is on their list), but there is no FAAB or trading. So we are stuck with what we draft...hence the 'draft and hold' nomenclature? But it is not a best ball...we change our lineup every week (and hitters again on Friday). Right?
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      So we can draft anyone in the organization (I guess that is on their list), but there is no FAAB or trading. So we are stuck with what we draft...hence the 'draft and hold' nomenclature? But it is not a best ball...we change our lineup every week (and hitters again on Friday). Right?
      Actually, you can draft anyone (unsigned players from overseas, etc.) Most are included, but if you don't see the player you want, there are placeholders, you pick one and announce to the room the player you want, then contact the NFBC and alert them as well. There is a button in the room to contact admin.

The rest is correct. It is not best ball. Lineup changes are Monday for everyone, Friday for batters. Players lock first pitch of the game for each period, so if you're waiting on an injury for a guy with Monday off, so long as you have another guy with Monday off to activate instead, you can wait until Tuesday.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

OK, so 14 of the 15 precincts have confirmed -- oh wait, don't want to go down that road...

I just need to hear from one more team, they have a few hours then I'll send the info to the NFBC.

Thanks for your patience, you'll be on the clock before you know it. Well, maybe not that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          The rest is correct. It is not best ball. Lineup changes are Monday for everyone, Friday for batters. Players lock first pitch of the game for each period, so if you're waiting on an injury for a guy with Monday off, so long as you have another guy with Monday off to activate instead, you can wait until Tuesday.
          So one pitcher change per week, and potentially two hitter changes per week?
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            So one pitcher change per week, and potentially two hitter changes per week?
            Yes, Mon (all), Fri (hitters only).

Comment

OK, so 14 of the 15 precincts have confirmed -- oh wait, don't want to go down that road...

I just need to hear from one more team, they have a few hours then I'll send the info to the NFBC.

Thanks for your patience, you'll be on the clock before you know it. Well, maybe not that fast.
              I'm guessing that last team was me. PM replied back to you. I don't ever think about looking at my PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                I'm guessing that last team was me. PM replied back to you. I don't ever think about looking at my PMs.
                Got it - I also emailed, FWIW.

I'll send the info to Greg Ambrosius and we'll go from there.

Comment

Got it - I also emailed, FWIW.

I'll send the info to Greg Ambrosius and we'll go from there.
                  It would be helpful if the mastersball.com domain wouldn't go to spam. THANKS GOOGLE for keeping me safe!

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                    It would be helpful if the mastersball.com domain wouldn't go to spam. THANKS GOOGLE for keeping me safe!
                    Honestly, first time I've been told this. I'll ask my IT guy to make sure the site isn't on a blackball list.

Comment

Information has been sent to the NFBC. Hang tight, I'll let you know the next step. I'll also start a thread to comment on the draft in which I will post a primer on how to use the draft room. It's very user friendly, but there are some nuances.

Comment

Honestly, first time I've been told this. I'll ask my IT guy to make sure the site isn't on a blackball list.
                        FYI, your email went to my spam as well, which contributed to my delay in getting back to you, again my apologies.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Happened to me, also, picked it up when you told me it might be there.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I have way too many leagues after the pandemic year last year, but I am interested. However, Louisiana (despite approving pay fantasy sports in a referendum in 2018 in my parish) has still not gotten off of the unapproved list (because they haven't figured out how to tax it enough to pay the corrupt politicians fund). Is there any hope for this to work or am I stuck until Louisiana gets regulations to go forward with pay fantasy sports? I sort of expect the latter. If not, I'll jump in one.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Happened to me, also, picked it up when you told me it might be there.
                              The automated email during activation gets sent to SPAM often. We were talking about an email I sent directly.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                I have way too many leagues after the pandemic year last year, but I am interested. However, Louisiana (despite approving pay fantasy sports in a referendum in 2018 in my parish) has still not gotten off of the unapproved list (because they haven't figured out how to tax it enough to pay the corrupt politicians fund). Is there any hope for this to work or am I stuck until Louisiana gets regulations to go forward with pay fantasy sports? I sort of expect the latter. If not, I'll jump in one.
                                There is a chance I can sign up and you can be the co-manager. Hang in, once RJ Sub #1 gets underway, I hope it drums up interest for another one.

Comment

Working...
                                X