Most Useless Off-Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    LOL...though had they not signed Happ, I could actually see Tanaka being a pretty good fit - your park will swallow up some of his mistakes, and he still has some gas left in the tank. Maeda/Berrios/Pineda/Tanaka/Hill and Dobnak and another in reserve to fill in for the 50% of the time Hill will be out wouldn't be bad. Happ at the bottom of the rotation if Hill's not around isn't bad, either.
    Hill is going to pitch all of his games and have the best season of his career...says the Hill owner.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      LOL...though had they not signed Happ, I could actually see Tanaka being a pretty good fit - your park will swallow up some of his mistakes, and he still has some gas left in the tank. Maeda/Berrios/Pineda/Tanaka/Hill and Dobnak and another in reserve to fill in for the 50% of the time Hill will be out wouldn't be bad. Happ at the bottom of the rotation if Hill's not around isn't bad, either.
      Hill's a FA, so It'll probably be Dobby or Smeltzer in the 5th slot, unless that sign Tanaka. Still disappointing considering what was available out there. Would have loved to see Archie Bradley, Hand, or Yates to slot in as a co-closer, and they still need a SS since they're not high on Polonco...they like him better as a Utility. Semien would be a nice fit, but he'll want a multi year deal, and the Twins aren't likely to do that...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I feel your pain Hornsby, but being from Cleveland, my vote has to go to the the team soon to be known as the Cleveland Baseball Team. Paul Dolan has ripped our hearts out. 2 of the most beloved faces of the franchise gone. While the window was still open? The love for Lindor rivaled only Rocky Colavito in this city. Cookie just took a team friendly extension after signing a team friendly contract after recovering from leukemia. Cmon Paul! I like Gimenez and he may turn out to be a helluva player. Greene and Wolf hopefully will turn into starters in 3 or 4 years but hell, we could have signed Rosario and Cruz for Santana and Hand money, resigned Cesar and had a real shot. I'd have much rather done that for one last shot even if it meant losing Lindor for zip.
        Then there's the question of keeping Lindor. Paul Dolan has to find someone to buy John Shermans 200+ million shares and he's not gonna have fans this year either. Why on earth did he not just sell while he had Lindor as an asset? Uhggg, yes I feel your pain man, I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
        X