X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    uhhh, Pedro Martinez
    They're tied on Fangraphs ADP and lowest HHR
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      They're tied on Fangraphs ADP and lowest HHR
      that's cheating, you looked.

Comment

that's cheating, you looked.
        Got to make up that half a point somehow...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          We have daily moves, a 13 man reserve roster (that is drafted after the auction), and $100 worth of FAAB (for the year). If I have a competitive team (not rebuilding) I will load up my reserve roster with MR's and move them in and out to maximize their innings. This is opposed to a rebuilding year where I will grab as many prospects instead.

This gets me "more" of all pitching stats (if I guess right). I do not have to sacrifice the idea of a two or three for one roster spot dilemma. It can also allows me to grab a pitcher that might get high K's and wins but lousy era and whip as the streaming will help balance that out.

Not lima but does allow me to make an extra good starter out of two or three relievers.
          And honestly, this is why I so dislike daily move leagues. You can game the pitching. I have zero issue with daily moves for hitters, but it is a bit of a joke for pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            And honestly, this is why I so dislike daily move leagues. You can game the pitching. I have zero issue with daily moves for hitters, but it is a bit of a joke for pitchers.
            I agree, there's no skill in drafting for daily pitching leagues, it's all about grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Without looking, guess which pitcher induced the lowest hard hit rate in baseball last year.
              Max Fried?
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

No correct guesses so far, although Fried is at the top of the leaderboard depending on minimum batters. If you lower the threshold (and check which thread this is in) you get....
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

No correct guesses so far, although Fried is at the top of the leaderboard depending on minimum batters. If you lower the threshold (and check which thread this is in) you get....
                  Are you going to make me go find a leaderboard?
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Christy Mathewson?

Comment

Christy Mathewson?
                      Sparky Lyle

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Are you going to make me go find a leaderboard?
                        Well, yours was the only real guess so far. But fine, fine. The answer is Kenley Jansen (who had one hell of a weird season).
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

damn i was gonna say Antonio Alfonseca...the sixth finger makes all the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            damn i was gonna say Antonio Alfonseca...the sixth finger makes all the difference
                            That would have been tied for the second best guess with all the rest of the guesses that were not Max Fried.

Comment

Kenley was also 4th in average exit velocity allowed. But when a batter got hold of one off Kenley, hoo brother did it go a long ways.

Comment

Well, yours was the only real guess so far.
                                I already guessed twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X