Kimbrel(?)
    R. Suarez
    R. Rodriguez
    Y. Garcia
    Graveman
    H. Robles
    Soria

Comment

• Nick Anderson should be back any day now, and I would bet he is the primary saves candidate in Tampa - in fact, I have already bet heavily on it

Comment

• Anderson won't be ready in time. I bet heavily on him too. but he is just going to be ready. but it's a free IL spot to gamble with.

and ppl betting on Finnegan. that guy's numbers are terrible. he shouldn't even be on a major league team. 10 unearned runs. my goodness. this guy is going to blow up your ratios when he isn't giving up inherited runners and unearned runs.

Comment

• the problem with Hand and Ramona lol, is the Jays don't really get many save opportunities. but I am gambling, but if you want to bet against Hand the last few years, now is the time.

I just wish the Marlins had made Hand a starter back in the day. the dude came out of nowhere, and he'll go back there.

Comment

• I think Rowan Wick comes back for the Cubs this week. If he's available, and you have room, I'd stash him.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• We're up to 153 different pitchers with saves in 2021, which is tied with 2003 for the highest single-season total:

2019: 199
              2018: 165
              2017: 162
              2003: 153
              2021: 153

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Nick Anderson should be back any day now, and I would bet he is the primary saves candidate in Tampa - in fact, I have already bet heavily on it
                Any day as in 7-10 days from now

Comment

• TOR will get more save opportunities as the race gets tighter. you might even be able to look into it. you get more save opportunities near the end of the season because the games are closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    It's SV+HD so even setting up he would have value. Should I drop him for any of Lorenzen, Sulzer, Matzek, Floro, Bender, Bard, Givens, Jackson?
                    no, although Floro is a gamble. can't MIA still trade him. how does that work? they put him on waivers and trade him? so they are building his value. which means he'll get all the save opportunities. they wanted to do that with Bass but it defaulted to Floro.

Benders a keeper. MIA isn't going anywhere with him except keeping his value down for now.

Comment

• I always liked Givens but why would you really ever want Reds pitchers, the defense is terrible, right? wading into CIN late inning situation is just asking for trouble.

Comment

• Hand is going to get fucking saves and probably have decent ratios. if you are looking strictly for saves in that scenario it's Bard vs Hand, and that is a tough call. i'd probably have to go Bard. but if you are also looking for holds and wins and SV's, i'd go Hand.

these games in the east are going to be called close. those extra innings, put a man on 2B, that's an easy win.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          no, although Floro is a gamble. can't MIA still trade him. how does that work? they put him on waivers and trade him? so they are building his value. which means he'll get all the save opportunities. they wanted to do that with Bass but it defaulted to Floro.

Benders a keeper. MIA isn't going anywhere with him except keeping his value down for now.
                          There isn't a waiver deadline any longer. Floro can't be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            Hand is going to get fucking saves and probably have decent ratios. if you are looking strictly for saves in that scenario it's Bard vs Hand, and that is a tough call. i'd probably have to go Bard. but if you are also looking for holds and wins and SV's, i'd go Hand.

these games in the east are going to be called close. those extra innings, put a man on 2B, that's an easy win.
                            Jays have a DH tonight against LAA. I'm hoping that sheds some light on Hand's role. He is being used in low leverage situations which is not good.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Jake McGee, on Tuesday, gave up his first earned runs (2) since May 30.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                                Jays have a DH tonight against LAA. I'm hoping that sheds some light on Hand's role. He is being used in low leverage situations which is not good.
                                Cimber has been solid all season but he doesn't fit the closer bill. He pitched the 5th and 6th. Romano the 7th. No Hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X