Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    His BB% is worse than Mitch Williams!
    here's a decent article before the season talking about him as a potential SP, but it highlights the issues with movement and spin (positive) and lack of command.

Based on Statcast, his spin rates are still pretty elite.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• setting aside a 3-inning mopup "save" over the weekend, the DBacks only had ONE save in a horrific May - Crichton, on May 10.

I THINK it's now Soria, but it's so tough to tell because opportunities are almost nonexistent.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• updating because it has reached full farce status:

the Diamondbacks were 14-12 when May Day arrived - check that, when May 1 arrived, because it has been "MAY DAY!" ever since for this sorry franchise.

with today's loss, they are now on a 6-30 bender.

wins, date, opponent, score, Save
        May 2 vs COL, 8-4
        May 10 vs COL, 5-2 Crichton
        May 11 vs MIA, 11-3
        May 15 vs WAS, 11-4
        May 30 vs STL, 9-2 with a silly 3-inning "save" for Smith
        June 1 vs NYM, 6-5 in 10 IP

they are 0-19 on the road since May 1 (UPDATING with this afternoon's loss), which is where you get more SV chances, they have scored 50 runs in the 6 wins, and one of them came in extra innings.

those of us who have fished in this "pond" - I have Soria for 4 units - have been stuck in the mud for weeks, with the team's lone save in 30 DAYS being a mopup job.
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-09-2021, 06:45 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          updating because it has reached full farce status:

the Diamondbacks were 14-12 when May Day arrived - check that, when May 1 arrived, because it has been "MAY DAY!" ever since for this sorry franchise.

with today's loss, they are now on a 6-30 bender.

wins, date, opponent, score, Save
          May 2 vs COL, 8-4
          May 10 vs COL, 5-2 Crichton
          May 11 vs MIA, 11-3
          May 15 vs WAS, 11-4
          May 30 vs STL, 9-2 with a silly 3-inning "save" for Smith
          June 1 vs NYM, 6-5 in 10 IP

they are 0-19 on the road since May 1 (UPDATING with this afternoon's loss), which is where you get more SV chances, they have scored 50 runs in the 6 wins, and one of them came in extra innings.

those of us who have fished in this "pond" - I have Soria for 4 units - have been stuck in the mud for weeks, with the team's lone save in 30 DAYS being a mopup job.
          Are they trying to chase the Rockies (this year) as the worst road team of all time? Very weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Are they trying to chase the Rockies (this year) as the worst road team of all time? Very weird.
            The Rangers are on a 15 game road losing streak, so it sounds like there's lots of competition for that spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              setting aside a 3-inning mopup "save" over the weekend, the DBacks only had ONE save in a horrific May - Crichton, on May 10.

I THINK it's now Soria, but it's so tough to tell because opportunities are almost nonexistent.
              I've been the lucky guy in my league holding onto Crichton. I may as well be starting Jorge Julio, he would have gotten the same amount of saves.

Comment

• Chapman with the meltdown against the Twins as he gives up 4 runs to blow the save. I guess he is human after all.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Chapman faced 4 guys, gave up 4 barrels, and his velo was down 2mph. I smell an IL stint coming any day

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Chapman faced 4 guys, gave up 4 barrels, and his velo was down 2mph. I smell an IL stint coming any day
                    Spider Tack?
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Spider Tack?
                      That should only affect RPM, not velo, I think. But yeah, it's going to be a wild ride for pitchers for a while.

Comment

• Antone, the only Reds RP who can fog a mirror and who has a bunch of multi-inning SV this season, to the IL.

it's too late for me, but save yourself and look elsewhere.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• lol @
                          Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          the only Reds RP who can fog a mirror
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Josh Hader registered a save in all 3 games of the Brewers/Pirates series. I'm sure he will be getting the next game or three off.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Had no idea Tyler Rogers and Taylor Rogers were identical twins. They certainly don’t have the same identical delivery, lol.

Q1- has there ever been identical twins in baseball?
                              Q2- has there ever been two brothers who were closers at the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Had no idea Tyler Rogers and Taylor Rogers were identical twins. They certainly don’t have the same identical delivery, lol.

Q1- has there ever been identical twins in baseball?
                                Q2- has there ever been two brothers who were closers at the same time?
                                First thing that comes to mind is Jose/Ozzie Canseco for Q1.

They weren't closers obviously, although I remember Jose trying to pitch once.

Comment

Working...
                                X