2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    the Reds appeared to save Hembree for the 9th the other day as the new "closer."

today he appeared in the 4th with 2 on and allowed both inherited runners to score to make it an 8-1 deficit.

I "put Doolittle down" yesterday - he pitched the 7th tonight with the Reds down 8-4 - and am so glad I did.

wait until the Reds fire their imbecile manager before fishing in that pond.....
    Closer Monkey has just changed its board for the Reds. Antone the new lead dog.

Comment

• Antone is the lead dog for leverage scenarios, but I see nothing about his recent usage pattern that suggests "main guy for saves."

he might vulture you a win to go with the save here and there plus he is pitching well, so worth owning as an across-the-board play, though.

UPDATE: Antone got the SV today (see other thread), though it wasn't pretty.
      Givens had a shot at one for COL, but a PB tied it, he left, and a WP by Sheffield brought home another UER for COL. I don't see Bard (day off) or Givens locked into any MLB job in 2022 at the rate they're going yet little there. maybe Sheffield as a longterm play.

both pens come with an UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED sticker - COL because no good RPs and CIN because of a very confused, overmatched MGR (who may only have 1 good arm)
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-16-2021, 06:24 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        the Reds appeared to save Hembree for the 9th the other day as the new "closer."

today he appeared in the 4th with 2 on and allowed both inherited runners to score to make it an 8-1 deficit.

I "put Doolittle down" yesterday - he pitched the 7th tonight with the Reds down 8-4 - and am so glad I did.

wait until the Reds fire their imbecile manager before fishing in that pond.....
        Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Antone is the lead dog for leverage scenarios, but I see nothing about his recent usage pattern that suggests "main guy for saves."

he might vulture you a win to go with the save here and there plus he is pitching well, so worth owning as an across-the-board play, though.

UPDATE: Antone got the SV today (see other thread), though it wasn't pretty.
        Givens had a shot at one for COL, but a PB tied it, he left, and a WP by Sheffield brought home another UER for COL. I don't see Bard (day off) or Givens locked into any MLB job in 2022 at the rate they're going yet little there. maybe Sheffield as a longterm play.

both pens come with an UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED sticker - COL because no good RPs and CIN because of a very confused, overmatched MGR (who may only have 1 good arm)
        I had a bid in for Hembree at $2 and raised it to $7 after he got the save Saturday night (It turns out that I would have won at $2, as no one else submitted a bid). I'm still hoping he lucks into 7 - 10 saves, which should help gain me a few additional points.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Thanks to this thread I grabbed Hembree for a buck. Hope it pays off but really low risk, thanks for the tip

Comment

• Michael Fulmer has pitched the 9th inning in the Tigers last 3 victories and gotten a win + 2 saves.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "Roller Coaster McGee" with the 1-2-3 save tonight.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think the Indians have swapped Clase with Karinchak, who’s gotten the last two saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I think the Indians have swapped Clase with Karinchak, who’s gotten the last two saves.
                  As they should. He is more dominant by far. Elite.

Comment

• I likely will claim Hembree tomorrow.
                    a decent "combo" guy - might either have the job, sort of, now and it's not impossible that he closes in 2022.

not likely, of course. but saying there's a chance. not a lot of competition there, and could Antone be a starter in disguise?
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      As they should. He is more dominant by far. Elite.
                      Uhhh....well, so far, that's a pretty limited database. I agree Karinchak has earned the role, but I'd think Clase would be a closer upgrade on about 20 teams right now.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Uhhh....well, so far, that's a pretty limited database. I agree Karinchak has earned the role, but I'd think Clase would be a closer upgrade on about 20 teams right now.
                        what do you mean by "limited database"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I am assuming for Clase, which is true. But Karinchak was filthy last year. I have both and Karinchak is the guy I want in the roll. His K rate is just bonkers, and he has tamed his walks this year so far too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Each with about 19 innings this year.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

True, and Clase was suspended and we have no idea what his true potential is, but Karinchak was elite in 2020 as well, granted in just 27 IP. For now, I have seen enough to know who I want getting the saves on my team. If he gets all the saves, karinchak has a chance to be the very best closer in baseball the ROS.

Comment

Look at their entire careers including minors (not just this year). Both are good, but Karinchak is much more dominant. Clase has very good ratios, Karinchak has ridiculous ratios.

Karinchak struck out 16.4 K/9 in the minors, 17.0 his first couple "years" in mlb, and he is at 16.8 K/9 this year. There's no sample size issue here with his dominance, he's doing exactly what he's always done.

Similarly Clase has always been an 8-10K guy on every stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X