No announcement yet.

2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and Bukauskas gets the ball for ARI with.... the DBacks trailing 4-2 in the 6th.
    another clean inning, but this smells a little like Soria is due back any day now?

the toughest teams to peg are the ones that - well, even THEY don't know what they're doing, so what hope do we have?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      and Bukauskas gets the ball for ARI with.... the DBacks trailing 4-2 in the 6th.
      another clean inning, but this smells a little like Soria is due back any day now?

the toughest teams to peg are the ones that - well, even THEY don't know what they're doing, so what hope do we have?
      Is Devenski droppable? I have no idea. I don't think anyone does. They are a mess at closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Is Devenski droppable? I have no idea. I don't think anyone does. They are a mess at closer.
        I'd say yes. At this point, I suspect it's only 50/50 if Devenski isn't out at least until the AS game, and I doubt he'll get the job back when he returns.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• agreed on Devenski, with the hope that he heals from whatever.

he's not an "established closer," and Soria, Crichton, and Bukauskas are possibilities over the course of 2021.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Without a doubt. We still have no idea why he’s away from the team.

Comment

• But if the league is deep and the pick up opportunities are garbage, it is hard to let go, especially if you blew almost a third of your FAAB budget just to see him blow a save and go on the restricted list the next day.

Comment

• there is such a thing as "sunk cost" - and good businessmen react in a business-like way.

how much you wasted on an overeager FAAB bid is irrelevant to your bottom line.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• If you blinked, you may have missed KC closer Greg Holland going on and coming off the IL for undisclosed reasons in less than 24 hours. BTW, KC reliever Josh Staumont got his first save yesterday while Holland was doing the IL dance.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    If you blinked, you may have missed KC closer Greg Holland going on and coming off the IL for undisclosed reasons in less than 24 hours. BTW, KC reliever Josh Staumont got his first save yesterday while Holland was doing the IL dance.
                    And Holland is back and pitched the 8th, and Staumont again pitched the 9th and got the save. Changing of the guard?

Comment

• with Jansen unavailable and Knebel k-not for months now, the Dodgers went with Jimmy Nelson, Boy Closer last night. it did not go well.

now Price may hit IL, Graterol still shaking cobwebs off, Treinen gets some sniffs

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        with Jansen unavailable and Knebel k-not for months now, the Dodgers went with Jimmy Nelson, Boy Closer last night. it did not go well.
                        I was really surprised when I saw that with Treinen available.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I was really surprised when I saw that with Treinen available.
                          Treinen and Kenly almost gave it up the night before--both got some home cooking calls.

BTW can we change the name of this thread to--Who do I dump my FAAB $$s on THIS week?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            BTW can we change the name of this thread to--Who do I dump my FAAB $$s on THIS week?
                            We have that already. It’s the “Tyler Naquin” thread.

Comment

• Damn you

That was pretty funny
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• after this spit show (thru 7 in LA), not sure the Reds' closer in May is even on the roster yet

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X