2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    but wait, Romano cheese is Italian and made from sheep's milk. Sounds like something Wisconsin would be totally against
    Everybody Loves Jordan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      you guys know that madducks & I were just playing with the name, right? (Jordan Romano ... Milwaukee ... )
      No clue. I’m on recovery from Pfizer vaccine round 2...

But,yeah, Sargento and a bunch of specialty cheese manufacturers make wicked good Romano around my state.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• BREAKING:
        David Price with his 1st career SV (we don't count the one that sent the Devil Rays - yes, Devil Rays - to the World Series BITD).

scenario: Dodgers lead 7-5 and Jansen is not available because - have you noticed? - the Dodgers win. every. single.game.

Price allows a single to shallow center and a single to a vacated 2B hole due to the shift. neither total flukes, neither ropes.

then K. K. feeble grounder. ballgame over.

announcers note that his 92 mph FB previously has ticked up to 93-94.

CAVEATS: Knebel gets first nibble(s) at Jansen-unavailable SVs.
        closer-in-waiting Graterol will be on taxi squad duty in SD this weekend and is soon to be activated.

complicated if you are playing for now.

I feel Zen-like - playing for 2022, with Price 3, Graterol 2, and Knebel 10.

who should grab Price? maybe mixed league where tiny FAAB bid gets you a nice contract number for next year?
        don't see immediate value here, but he damn sure has the pedigree. I'll wait !
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Everybody Loves Jordan.
          Not true Knicks fans
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Jake McGee's nearly perfect season (8 G, 1 H, 2 BB, 0 ER, 6 SV, & 1 W) ended yesterday with 4 H, 1 BB, 2 ER, & vaccine symptoms.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• pretty sure you can tear up all other tickets here, at least for the near future:

04.18... Diamondbacks recalled RHP J.B Bukauskas from the team's alternate training site.
              Spin: The former first-round pick makes for an immediate and intriguing threat to take over the closer's role in Arizona. The 24-year-old did not allow a run in spring training over 7 2/3 innings with 14 strikeouts and zero walks. Fantasy managers would be wise to make a speculative pickup in the event that Bukauskas comes out of the gate hot.

from CBSSports

Joakim Soria (calf) threw 20 pitches in a bullpen session Friday, Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports.

"Soria came through the session without any discomfort. Because he's been able to play catch while on the injured list and that he's a one-inning pitcher, it should not take too long for Soria to return to the active roster."

04.18... Stefan Crichton pitched a scoreless ninth inning to pick up the save in Arizona's 5-2 win over the Nationals.
              Spin: Crichton allowed two baserunners in the ninth on a Kyle Schwarber single and Victor Robles walk but was able to get Andrew Stevenson to fly out to save the game for Madison Bumgarner. The Diamondbacks do not have a set closer, but with Kevin Ginkel working the sixth inning this may tip their hand. However, prospect J.B. Bukauskas was recalled on Sunday and could easily work his way into a late-inning role.
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-18-2021, 06:02 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Thanks for the tip. Speculative pickup made. Goodbye Knebel. Nice numbers but daddy needs saves.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Knebel one of my many nervous pitchers, what with SGray, KHKim and Graterol back this weekend and maybe Soria in a day or two as well. no bench.

"Gentlemen, if you did not receive a rose, say your goodbyes...."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• The ever-volatile Kenley Jansen looked unfreakinbelievable today. Hit 97 for the first time since 2017 and threw this ungodly demon cutter at 95:

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• For as high as I was on Kenley going into this season, I didn't get him enough places.

Comment

• Everyone who thought that the MLB saves leaders in April would be Jake McGee and Mark Melancon raise your hand.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I did.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            I did.
                            closers....hmmmm
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Everyone who thought that the MLB saves leaders in April would be Jake McGee and Mark Melancon raise your hand.
                              I don’t know about leader but I kept McGee in Pony because I thought he be the closer.

Comment

• Funny, I was very high on McGee as a value buy this year, but I tossed back a $9 Melancon in our NL league. Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X