No announcement yet.

2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Rosenthal to the IL with shoulder inflammation.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Trevor Rosenthal to the IL with shoulder inflammation.
      Diekman? What kind of option will he be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
        My $$ is on Wendelken

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
          I think maybe 60% Diekman and 40% Wendelken/Romo ... but if Rosey is out a while, that could still be enticing.

Comment

• Alex Reyes named Cards' closer.

Comment

• whoa ... I have been following that 'pen closely & got two shares of Reyes this spring, but still didn't expect him to be named outright closer ... feeling lucky ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                whoa ... I have been following that 'pen closely & got two shares of Reyes this spring, but still didn't expect him to be named outright closer ... feeling lucky ...
                Seems similar to the Carlos Martinez path a few years back.

Comment

• Is Merryweather possibly the guy (or a guy) in Toronto? Or is it Romano?

What about Kennedy vs. Bush in TEX?

Comment

whoa ... I have been following that 'pen closely & got two shares of Reyes this spring, but still didn't expect him to be named outright closer ... feeling lucky ...
                    I'm mad at myself. I had Reyes and Romano and didn't keep either. Neither had the job at the deadline, but still annoying to lose the value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Is Merryweather possibly the guy (or a guy) in Toronto? Or is it Romano?

I think Romano is the guy, but it was extra innings and he'd already pitched the 9th.

I think Kennedy has the edge in TEX but that one is still very unclear.

Comment

• Pagan came into the game in the 7th inning of a tie game.......

ETA:
                        Pomeranz takes the 8th up one run............i think that leaves Melancon

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Pagan came into the game in the 7th inning of a tie game.......

ETA:
                          Pomeranz takes the 8th up one run............i think that leaves Melancon
                          Yep and Melancon had no problem setting em down Crazy game, Shitty umpires all around.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Is Merryweather possibly the guy (or a guy) in Toronto? Or is it Romano?

Jason is a fan of Merryweather and he looked dominant. Throwing 99 with movement with an 80 MPH change up. But as JC said, Romero pitched the 9th. Dolis pitched the 8th so I'd say Merryweather is 3rd in line for now.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Jason is a fan of Merryweather and he looked dominant. Throwing 99 with movement with an 80 MPH change up. But as JC said, Romero pitched the 9th. Dolis pitched the 8th so I'd say Merryweather is 3rd in line for now.
                              there will definitely be some mixing & matching, esp as guys go 2 days in a row or some games go into extras ... I could see Merryweather getting 5-10 saves but assuming no implosions or injuries I think the order is for the most part set
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

there will definitely be some mixing & matching, esp as guys go 2 days in a row or some games go into extras ... I could see Merryweather getting 5-10 saves but assuming no implosions or injuries I think the order is for the most part set
                                Yep, Dolis-Romano in the 8th and 9th is how I expect it to go, though Merryweather could slot in for either to limit workload.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X