2K21 Closer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Should have left out the Rays instead. They just don't use a closer.
    given they've had a double-digit amount of relievers earn a save in each of the past two seasons, you're right.

10 different relievers in 2019
    12 different relievers in 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      I think the Giants move to add Jose Alvarez yesterday is a tip to them planning on using McGee as their primary closer this year. Alvarez joins Selman, Peralta, and Garcia as lefties already on the roster and candidates to open the season in the pen.
      Does Kapler believe in such antiquated notions like primary closers?

Comment

• Nationals release Jeremy Jeffress. GM Mike Rizzo stated, “He was released for personnel reasons.”
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Closer Monkey has been updated for this year.

http://closermonkey.com/test/2018/03...r-depth-chart/
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Closer Monkey has been updated for this year.

http://closermonkey.com/test/2018/03...r-depth-chart/
            Finally.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Hunter Harvey strained oblique, likely KO'ing him from the closer role for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I can't see Jeffress getting in front of Hand and Hudson and maybe not even Harris for saves, so I'd jettison him. Given how vocal the Cubs are about trotting Kimbrel out there, I'd let Wick go, too. I'd absolutely keep Pomeranz - he'll get some saves and that combined with his K rate and ratios make him and easy keep, IMO. I'd be inclined to keep Hudson, too. Floro comes down to opportunity cost - do you want to tie up the pitching slot or not?
                Kimbrel seems to be making it hard for the Cubs to stick to that plan. His last two appearances have been brutal...
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Kimbrel seems to be making it hard for the Cubs to stick to that plan. His last two appearances have been brutal...
                  With Wick still being hurt, I'll be watching Workman and Tepera to see who looks like the CIW. I still think the Cubs will keep trotting Kimbrel out there hoping he straightens out by Opening Day.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    With Wick still being hurt, I'll be watching Workman and Tepera to see who looks like the CIW. I still think the Cubs will keep trotting Kimbrel out there hoping he straightens out by Opening Day.
                    Any word on how Workman is looking? He was definitely my pre-spring training dark horse.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Free Shane Greene to the Cubs!

Comment

• To answer 2 different questions posed: No, Kapler has no clue about sending out a closer to just do his job; he simply analyses the numbers and points to a guy. We all saw how well that worked in his years here in Philly.
                        # 2--Speaking of closers in Philly: Workman was as bad a closer here last year as we've seen in many a year. I was stunned when the Phils got him, thinking, "How could Boston let him go"? Now I know the answer to that one. I wonder, at his age, if he ever comes back from that debacle.
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Any word on how Workman is looking? He was definitely my pre-spring training dark horse.
                          He got some early praise from Ross, but very little hard data yet.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Rockies manager Bud Black told reporters on Saturday that Daniel Bard will be the team's closer this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yates looking pretty solid in camp... at least getting there.

Yates’ velocity was down just a smidge on Saturday, but it shouldn’t be too much of a concern quite yet. Over the last two years, he averaged 93.5 m.p.h. on his four-seam fastball. Against the Phillies, he was sitting around 91 m.p.h. while topping out at 92.8. Those readings should trend up just a bit once he starts appearing in more games in the lead-up to opening day.

Kimbrel has looked kinda terrible in ST, though with Rowan Wick sidelined, I still think he has a really long leash.

Trevor Rosenthal made his debut after a minor groin strain and was still throwing 95-97 so I think even if he's a little behind, he'll be fine.

I still don't have 100% faith in Karinchak getting the job and I've kind of been putting him behind the Rosenthal, Kenley, Yates tier... but I would still probably take him over Kimbrel at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                                After three horrendous outings this spring, Kimbrel has been much better in his last two: two innings, one hit, no runs, three strikeouts. He’s still sitting at about 95-96 on his fastball and it would help him tremendously if that velocity could go up a tick or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X