• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dump trade....thoughts

in my 12 team AL only keeper

Arod $35 2013, Suzuki $24 2013
    for
    Tomlin $15 2013, J.Francis $5 2013, Nova $5 2013 and Borbon $5 2011 (so he's not even a keeper for next year)

That's a pretty horrible deal. Tomlin is absolutely not a keeper. I really don't think Francis is either. Nova... maybe? I don't love the 1.6 WHIP but he has shown flashes. I know A-Rod has been just good (not great) and Ichiro looks horrible, but wow. If Ichiro bounces back at all he's the best keeper in the deal.

Comment

Yeah, that has no redeeming value for the dumper.

Comment

[QUOTE=schlesinj;25298]Yeah, that has no redeeming value for the dumper.[/QUOTE

This is a local league where we know everyone

This was dad in 10th place dumping to son in 2nd place. I sent the dumper an email last week asking to let me know if he's out of it and give me shot at a few of his players and he didn't. He could have asked for Asdrubal from me in a package deal. He would have been a lot better just getting Asdrubal ($14 for next year) from me for those 2 instead of what he got. Obviously not trying to get the best deal, only help his son.

Comment

[QUOTE=price;25314]
          Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          Yeah, that has no redeeming value for the dumper.[/QUOTE

This is a local league where we know everyone

This was dad in 10th place dumping to son in 2nd place. I sent the dumper an email last week asking to let me know if he's out of it and give me shot at a few of his players and he didn't. He could have asked for Asdrubal from me in a package deal. He would have been a lot better just getting Asdrubal ($14 for next year) from me for those 2 instead of what he got. Obviously not trying to get the best deal, only help his son.
          Awful... "relatives" deals have to be even more squeaky clean to avoid the perception of collusion...only this isn't perception, this is reality. Clearly a collusionary deal, even though the dad may not think so "he's just helping his son"...

As a commish, I would squash the deal and put them on warning they would be out with another deal like that.

How does the son justify the deal?
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

[QUOTE=SeaDogStat;25315]
            Originally posted by price View Post

Awful... "relatives" deals have to be even more squeaky clean to avoid the perception of collusion...only this isn't perception, this is reality. Clearly a collusionary deal, even though the dad may not think so "he's just helping his son"...

As a commish, I would squash the deal and put them on warning they would be out with another deal like that.

How does the son justify the deal?
            I don't know. I'm not one to call out others in the league and send emails to the league questioning a trade.

His dad just sucks at roto baseball. He makes pretty horrible trades every year, but usually not with his son. His son should have looked at this deal and how it would appear because they are father and son and not done it or improved it, which by looking at his team, he could have made it a fair deal. This deal didn't hurt the son one bit, as a matter of fact it helped more than just offense, it got rid of 3 pitchers off his roster that would do him more harm then good going forward. Win win for him.

Comment

Working...
            X