Cubs! I am very sad at you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Cody Bellinger, J.D. Martinez, Matt Chapman, Blake Snell, and Jordan Montgomery are still waiting for a team to sign them.
    We had no idea that good players would cost this much - Cubs Management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

We had no idea that good players would cost this much - me at several fantasy baseball drafts
      Fixed, ha ha
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Looks like they may have found some big names they can afford...or at least kick the tires. What could go wrong?

Potential for Liam Hendricks Deal May Be Growing, Cubs Also Monitoring Noah Syndergaard & Michael Lorenzen

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Looks like they may have found some big names they can afford...or at least kick the tires. What could go wrong?

Potential for Liam Hendricks Deal May Be Growing, Cubs Also Monitoring Noah Syndergaard & Michael Lorenzen

Oops Liam is too expensive. Signs with the Red Sox 2 years $10M.

Comment

• Agent Scott Boras often approaches owners directly when it comes to talks for star players. Says Tom Ricketts: “I don’t think that helps.”
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Cubs sign 1B Dominic Smith and OF David Peralta.​
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Eric Hosmer announced his retirement at age 34 on Wednesday after 13 big-league seasons.

The eight-year, $144 million contract signed with the Padres runs through 2025, but since he was released by the Cubs last season, he’s already getting that in full. Hosmer hit .276/.335/.427 with 198 homers and 893 RBI for the Royals, Padres, Red Sox and Cubs in his 13 seasons. He was a key part of the Royals’ World Series victory in 2015, but his best season was in 2017, when he hit .318/.385/.498 with 25 homers.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of free agency’s top hitters reached an agreement overnight, as center fielder Cody Bellinger is in agreement with the Cubs on a three-year, $80MM deal per Jeff Passan of ESPN. Per Passan, the deal includes opt-outs following the 2024 and 2025 seasons. Passan adds that the deal is slightly frontloaded, with Bellinger making $30MM in 2024 and 2025 with a $20MM salary in 2026.​

Comment

• Craig Counsel, Shota Imanaga, Hector Neris, and Cody Bellinger seems like a pretty good free agent haul for the Cubs this winter.

The Cubs also got some lottery tickets with Garrett Cooper, Dominic Smith and David Peralta.​
                    Last edited by madducks; 02-25-2024, 11:43 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm liking the Beli signing from both sides.

Comment

• Cubs option Pete Crow-Armstrong to the minors.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Cubs option Pete Crow-Armstrong to the minors.
                          This is not surprising. They want him to get at bats. They also need to find out what they have in Busch at 1B.

Comment

• A bird in the minors is worth a Busch in the Majors

Comment

Working...
                            X