Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Can he lead off?

Brilliant PR move by Cubs. Only cost them $8m instead of the $25m for a top bat.

Kidding aside this was a shocker. It is going to take a bit to sink in.

Guess I wasn't kidding!

Cubs now only team without a big-league acquisition this offseason per Cubs Insider.

Comment

• It's Sho-time in Wrigley Gregg !

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Cubs have reached an agreement to sign Japanese left-hander Shota Imanaga.

Jon Morosi of MLB Network adds that the average annual value of the contract is expected to be in the $15 million range. Imanaga is scheduled to take his physical in Chicago on Wednesday, after which the deal will become official. Over the past day or two we have heard word on other teams falling out of the race, and it looks like the Cubs are ultimately the last one’s standing. The Cubs are expected to hold a press conference to announce Imanaga on Friday at Wrigley Field. The 30-year-old hurler registered a stellar 2.80 ERA and a 174/24 K/BB ratio over 148 innings for the DeNA Baystars of Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball in 2023.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tell me about Pete Crow-Armstrong.

He's a great glove CF but is the bat good enough to move Tauchman yet? At this point, Happ and Suzuki look pretty solid at the corners so it would have to be CF unless Suzuki takes over 1B/DH.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Tell me about Pete Crow-Armstrong.

He's a great glove CF but is the bat good enough to move Tauchman yet? At this point, Happ and Suzuki look pretty solid at the corners so it would have to be CF unless Suzuki takes over 1B/DH.
          It doesn't seem like the Cubs want Pete to be the starter this year.

Comment

So, are you saying there's nothing to crow about here?.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

So, are you saying there's nothing to crow about here?.
              Not until end of 2024 or 2025.

Comment

Is he the first call in case of injury or do they want him to spend some time in AAA?
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Not until end of 2024 or 2025.
                  Baseball executives disagree with your assessment as they predict that PCA will finish 4th in ROY voting:
                  In last year’s MLB Pipeline Poll, executives across baseball overwhelmingly picked Corbin Carroll and Gunnar Henderson to win Rookie of the Year honors in the National and American Leagues. They turned out to be right on the money, as both were unanimous choices for the hardware. Predicting this year’s winners

The Cubs love defense and PCA has elite defense. They didn't bring him at the end of last year to not play him this year. He might not open the season in the majors but I'd be surprised if he didn't have the most starts in CF by the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post

Baseball executives disagree with your assessment as they predict that PCA will finish 4th in ROY voting:
                    In last year’s MLB Pipeline Poll, executives across baseball overwhelmingly picked Corbin Carroll and Gunnar Henderson to win Rookie of the Year honors in the National and American Leagues. They turned out to be right on the money, as both were unanimous choices for the hardware. Predicting this year’s winners

The Cubs love defense and PCA has elite defense. They didn't bring him at the end of last year to not play him this year. He might not open the season in the majors but I'd be surprised if he didn't have the most starts in CF by the end of the season.
                    He failed to get a hit in 14 abs. He needs to play everyday.

Quite a bit of controversy around here, seems to be split as when he will be a starter. No one is arguing if he will be good just when. Things are not adding up for him to claim CF opening day.

Comment

• I would also add that the Cubs seem to be in a waiting game for Bellinger. If they sign him it will add to the Armstrong drama.

Comment

I would also add that the Cubs seem to be in a waiting game for Bellinger. If they sign him it will add to the Armstrong drama.
                        This is my understanding. Without Bellinger, PCA is the 4th OF unless they want him to season at AAA. Since he's 21, that's very reasonable. That said, Tim Raines had one hit in 27 PA at age 20. He was second in the RoY voting the next season. Teams look at more than the cuppa when they make these decisions. Camp will be important.

Unfortunately, I need to make a decision before camp starts. Having team execs vote him as a RoY contender matters. It means that insiders think he will have playing time in the major leagues.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          After reading more on the prospects heading to Chicago, I'm convinced this is exactly the type of rebuild trade I would be pursuing.

Yeison Santana - plus defense at SS, and has exceeded expectations with the bat playing below his age level so far. I like him, and have a share in my dynasty league.

Reginald Preciado - Called the headliner of the deal, seems to carry the highest offensive ceiling, may shift to 3rd but could be a 1st division bat there.

Owen Caissie - slugging RF with plus arm and speed.

Ismael Mena - Plus defensive CF with intriguing bat.

https://www.pitcherlist.com/analyzin...l-and-darvish/
                          I’m curious as to what we think of this trade, now…
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            I’m curious as to what we think of this trade, now…
                            Cassie is still 21 and he's a top 100 prospect. Isn't it still too early to know how this one will turn out long term?

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              This is my understanding. Without Bellinger, PCA is the 4th OF unless they want him to season at AAA. Since he's 21, that's very reasonable. That said, Tim Raines had one hit in 27 PA at age 20. He was second in the RoY voting the next season. Teams look at more than the cuppa when they make these decisions. Camp will be important.

Unfortunately, I need to make a decision before camp starts. Having team execs vote him as a RoY contender matters. It means that insiders think he will have playing time in the major leagues.
                              Without Bellinger? PCA > Tauchman.

Heck this team has Nick Madrigal currently listed as a starter. There's plenty of room to find ABs.

Comment

• Cubs have been linked to many closers via trade or FA. Chapman now off the board for 10.5M. Not sure how you let that happen Cubs.

This feels like the end game in Fantasy. Hey I got a $2 player for a buck by waiting ! Woo hoo.

Comment

Working...
                                X