2k21 Blake Treinen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k21 Blake Treinen

He was unable to recapture his brief former glory last year in LA, but still rebounded to respectable levels for them. I recently took him on at a salary of $13 in order to get a prospect lottery pick. My plan is to dump Treinen eventually to another team for a lesser prospect than the one I pick in the draft. There are lots of teams out there with open keeper spots and less lofty 2021 aspirations than me, so I am confident I can get it done. However, I am wondering when the best time to do it is. Should I try to do it ASAP or wait for him to sign? If you had to put a percentage on it, what our the odds he signs some place where he has a shot at being the primary closer? I'm thinking slim, but I don't know how slim. Is it closer to 50% or 5%?

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    He was unable to recapture his brief former glory last year in LA, but still rebounded to respectable levels for them. I recently took him on at a salary of $13 in order to get a prospect lottery pick. My plan is to dump Treinen eventually to another team for a lesser prospect than the one I pick in the draft. There are lots of teams out there with open keeper spots and less lofty 2021 aspirations than me, so I am confident I can get it done. However, I am wondering when the best time to do it is. Should I try to do it ASAP or wait for him to sign? If you had to put a percentage on it, what our the odds he signs some place where he has a shot at being the primary closer? I'm thinking slim, but I don't know how slim. Is it closer to 50% or 5%?
    I'm guessing closer to 5% odds of an outright closing gig than 50%. Most of the few teams with money to spend already have established closers.

I guess I would still wait until he signs and at least you have a small chance of getting lucky with a bigger return if he manages to land a closing job.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm slightly more optimistic than Teenwolf - say 10-15% - but agree with him its an outside shot. Among the teams with money, his two best chances seem to lie with coming back to the Dodgers or Boston. And while I think Kenley isn't long for the closer role, Treinen would still have significant competition from Graterol and Knebel for the closer gig there if he'd re-sign with LA.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I moved him to greener pastures, so I don't have to worry about it. I agree he could stay in LA and now way a team that good relies on a guy like Treinen to close over the long haul.

Comment

Interesting year last year... only 7.7 K/9, but a solid enough 2.8 BB/9 and a 64% GB rate. Gave him a 3.15 FIP and a 3.47 xFIP. Got 17.5mil over 2 years and Kenley is shaky. I'd rate him pretty highly among the setup guys, but the fact that he won't give you a ton of Ks hurts a bit. You need a few vulture wins.

Comment

Working...
          X