Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Anderson -- off for an elbow exam

hold your breath

The Chronicle also is hearing that Brett Anderson has left the team to get his elbow checked.

His last two starts have been ugly, I hate to say something has to be up.

Comment

More info

Comment

Doh! Aw man.

Comment

IF TLJ is necessary, I would suggest that if you own Holiday, Bumgarner, Chacin, Pineda, Wandy, Colon or Guthrie, you should be dropping them immediately before their arms fall off. Why, because I owned both de la Rosa and Anderson when injury hit and I currently own the above pitchers. I'm sure they are doomed too!!

Comment

2nd opinion with Dr. Andrews tomorrow. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
              IF TLJ is necessary, I would suggest that if you own Holiday, Bumgarner, Chacin, Pineda, Wandy, Colon or Guthrie, you should be dropping them immediately before their arms fall off. Why, because I owned both de la Rosa and Anderson when injury hit and I currently own the above pitchers. I'm sure they are doomed too!!
              WOW. I also own Anderson and de la Rosa. I also own Guthrie, Wandy and Bumgarner.

Look out below!!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Doc Andrews advised 6 weeks of rehab -- no TJ for now.

Comment

and six weeks later, he gets TJ surgery:

"In a tough blow for the Athletics, Brett Anderson underwent surgery to repair the ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow. In other words, he had Tommy John surgery.

Anderson had just established himself as one of the best young left-handers in the game after posting a 2.80 ERA in 19 starts last season, this after a strong rookie showing in 2009 as well. He never looked quite right to start the year, experiencing a loss in velocity and struggling to command his curveball."

Comment

Comment

six wasted weeks...
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                      X